PDA

View Full Version : Isn't it odd?......

carasdad
01-27-2013, 12:44 PM
Isn't it odd?...... That if a female posts with a problem...she will get 3-4 pages of responses....and if a guy posts with anger...controversy and an attempt to start a 'pissing match'..he too shall get 3-4 pages of responses. Yet for the 'Average Joe' who posts with an issue...he gets 50+ 'Reads'...and very few if any responses....then is chastised for making a repost when all he wants is assistance. But his post just falls to the bottom of the list...or completely drops off into the vast archives of this forum. Helping the female is nice...though some treat it as a flirting/dating site....responding to an angry..controversial or 'pissing match' post is nice...as long as you chose to argue with a virtual/cyber person. But I have noticed that as of late...those truly needing answers..support..help...etc.. Are being pushed aside...:no: Tell me I am wrong?.. Can't be done can it...as truth is the truth...:shrug:
Glenn....

terrilee
01-27-2013, 12:49 PM
well
when i 'read' a thread and no i can be of no help, or someone else has answered the prob
i wont post, because im not that scooter smart, so that adds to the read totals
if you have ever noticed,
sometimes when i see a thread, with a real question going farther and farther down the line, ill post something, anything, to bring it back to the top

scootnwinn
01-27-2013, 12:52 PM
That has some validity to it but allow me to give my thoughts. In many posts seeking help the original poster is actually seeking help. You or someone will help him he will apply the advice and he's back on the road. This happens a lot so no need for 4 pages. If its a woman then yes it becomes a social event. Can't blame a young scooterist for trying. If he argues with sound advice then more of us will chime in instead of just looking to make sure he got a decent answer. We will let them know that poster x is right and they should listen we do enjoy arguing as I think it helps to think about things we know and expands our understanding even it the OP never gets it.

I understand what you are getting at though and yes we need to try as a forum to be always helpful no matter who or what the person in need is

carasdad
01-27-2013, 12:55 PM
well

if you have ever noticed,
sometimes when i see a thread, with a real question going farther and farther down the line, ill post something, anything, to bring it back to the top

Awesome..and tx :clap: I do the same thing for most of the time it's a newbie..and they end up losing faith in the incredible and helpful knowledge that this forum posses...:tup: for you....

Admin
01-27-2013, 12:56 PM
That has some validity to it but allow me to give my thoughts. In many posts seeking help the original poster is actually seeking help. You or someone will help him he will apply the advice and he's back on the road. This happens a lot so no need for 4 pages. If its a woman then yes it becomes a social event. Can't blame a young scooterist for trying. If he argues with sound advice then more of us will chime in instead of just looking to make sure he got a decent answer. We will let them know that poster x is right and they should listen we do enjoy arguing as I think it helps to think about things we know and expands our understanding even it the OP never gets it.

I understand what you are getting at though and yes we need to try as a forum to be always helpful no matter who or what the person in need is

+1 :clap:

terrilee
01-27-2013, 01:03 PM
but i will also make this comment

alot of the noob's and even alot of u
think they know everything about scoots
well unless you have worked on 'em alot
you dont know a thing
its not a car or even close
so when the noob starts 'arguing'with a answer
well then it turns into a p match
cant make 'em understand that you, him w/e have years of experience
and know what your talking about

and really, this and the other site is full of kids, who we all know, know everything.
if i answer a post i always try to say i am NOT a mech just a rider,
listen to so & so they know what the F they are talking about

but you cant make people do that
and you all have seen it 100 x's the ones that want to learn listen, follow advice

you sorta learn who is for real about wanting help and who isnt

carasdad
01-27-2013, 01:05 PM
but i will also make this comment

alot of the noob's and even alot of u
think they know everything about scoots
well unless you have worked on 'em alot
you dont know a thing
its not a car or even close
so when the noob starts 'arguing'with a answer
well then it turns into a p match
cant make 'em understand that you, him w/e have years of experience
and know what your talking about

and really, this and the other site is full of kids, who we all know, know everything.
if i answer a post i always try to say i am NOT a mech just a rider,
listen to so & so they know what the F they are talking about

but you cant make people do that
and you all have seen it 100 x's the ones that want to learn listen, follow advice

you sorta learn who is for real about wanting help and who isnt

+1 as well...:clap:
@ Rob...+1 also...:tup:

terrilee
01-27-2013, 01:13 PM
and we have to STOP insulting people
if you dont care for me/him/her / w/e
the member im thinking of is left2lefty w/e her name was
she was looking for help
as a woman i tried to help another woman
then she got insulted, ridiculed etc, & of course she left.
so................................................ ........

taking the 'kids' out for some fresh air and burn some energy
hope i dont freeze

scootnwinn
01-27-2013, 01:28 PM
She wasn't insulted or ridiculed she didn't want to be a member of this site she thought he info was stolen. She was logged into the other site this morning. I thought she was you (apparrently erroneously) I apologized seems like its all over. There was no insulting here if there was copy and paste the event here so we can be sure to never do it again. The whole thing I described above happened on the other site.

danno711
01-27-2013, 01:41 PM
Awesome..and tx :clap: I do the same thing for most of the time it's a newbie..and they end up losing faith in the incredible and helpful knowledge that this forum posses...:tup: for you....

Perhaps I'm the exception, but for whatever reason my very first thread on here is still going and it has 14 pages.

inuyasha
01-27-2013, 01:43 PM
Hi Glenn
I try to always help out when im able
“I shall pass this way but once; any good that I can do or any kindness I can show to any human being; let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.”

Etienne de Grellet (1773-1855)
Quaker Missionary

Take care and ride safely dear friend
Yours Hank

millsc
01-27-2013, 02:08 PM
I post stuff i have tried that worked for me but may not always work for others, i've learned alot about these scoots mainely because they break all the time. >D

Lefty
01-27-2013, 02:19 PM
I’d give my right arm to be ambidextrous.
Lefty

scootnwinn
01-27-2013, 02:19 PM
and we have to STOP insulting people
if you dont care for me/him/her / w/e

I agree heartily and will work on my attitudes but, I think the words are "Physician heal thyself"

nothing like giving people advance notice HUH?
Stupid a&&'s
this is the most screwed up site i have ever been on...

c ya chicken s
no one to back u up huh.

There is a whole Christians are stupid tirade in that thread. There are days when you rampage through the whole forum nastily. Any way I do agree and hope you actually mean it.

dudley
01-27-2013, 02:31 PM
on some other forums there are few participants.
there are one or two guys who really do know everything and so you get an expert answer
with pictures and diagrams every time.but the active community is so small there is rarely any good discussion.on scootdawg sometimes the discussion and personalities get in the way of answers, but that is what makes this forum different and fun and irritating and what keeps people coming back.even some who talk bad about us elsewhwere, cant stay away.
we're like a happy little train wreck.

scootnwinn
01-27-2013, 02:34 PM

Can I add that to my signature that is awesome +27.3

Oh by the way your invite to the hardcore is still pending...

dudley
01-27-2013, 02:47 PM
its all yours.

inuyasha
01-27-2013, 02:49 PM
there are one or two guys who really do know everything and so you get an expert answer
with pictures and diagrams every time.but the active community is so small there is rarely any good discussion.on scootdawg sometimes the discussion and personalities get in the way of answers, but that is what makes this forum different and fun and irritating and what keeps people coming back.even some who talk bad about us elsewhwere, cant stay away.
Hi Dudley
Your sig brings to mind this:yay::clap:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GI7LrSHYaU
Yours Hank

carasdad
01-27-2013, 02:55 PM
Hi Glenn
I try to always help out when im able
“I shall pass this way but once; any good that I can do or any kindness I can show to any human being; let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.”

Etienne de Grellet (1773-1855)
Quaker Missionary

Yours Hank

Hank thanks! I always found much meaning in that quote...as it is very true..:tup:

terrilee
01-27-2013, 03:00 PM
She wasn't insulted or ridiculed she didn't want to be a member of this site she thought he info was stolen. She was logged into the other site this morning. I thought she was you (apparrently erroneously) I apologized seems like its all over. There was no insulting here if there was copy and paste the event here so we can be sure to never do it again. The whole thing I described above happened on the other site.

she PM'ed me, as a woman and i had tried to help her, she didnt have much nice to say and said on the thread she really wanted to blast you, but was a good girl. We/woman are NOT men, u surely know that by now, correct? anywho's alot of us are like that when we come into a "man's world" & feel we r being treated as less than = ! we can get nasty, im sure u might know a few woman like that, 'nuff said

Perhaps I'm the exception, but for whatever reason my very first thread on here is still going and it has 14 pages.
thats 'cause ur a dumbass >D j/k lmsao you asked for advice etc etc, contrary to popular opinion this also a social site, and people wanna tell ya their experiences
also see above^^^^ women are a better breed thats why we are called the better 1/2 !!!

I’d give my right arm to be ambidextrous.
Lefty
& you'd give that one to be 40 again, lol :tup:
I agree heartily and will work on my attitudes but, I think the words are "Physician heal thyself"

not sure if you were on site when i 'confessed' a few months after i joined, way back when, i'm bipolar. wasnt diagnosed till i was 40. Thought everyones life was as Fed as mine. Didnt really seek help till i was 50. No excuses, just facts.

There is a whole Christians are stupid tirade in that thread. There are days when you rampage through the whole forum nastily. Any way I do agree and hope you actually mean it.
ever been abused by a priest. well ok please bare with me.
+1

scootnwinn
01-27-2013, 03:11 PM
ever been abused by a priest. well ok please bare with me.

I can bare with you, understand that many of us Christians are protestants meaning we protest against the entire machine that the priest who hurt you was a member of. There are many types of people on here, remember what you said in this thread and be certain I will remind you when you are flaming someone because you feel like it at the time.

scootnwinn
01-27-2013, 03:13 PM
Hi Dudley
Your sig brings to mind this:yay::clap:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GI7LrSHYaU
Yours Hank

Ah the Motorhead real metal

inuyasha
01-27-2013, 03:24 PM
Hi
Nothing is ever lost by courtesy. It is the cheapest of the pleasures; costs nothing and conveys much. It pleases him who gives and ;him who receives, and thus, like mercy, it is twice blessed.

Erastus Wiman
Take care and ride safely dear friends
Yours Hank

scootnwinn
01-27-2013, 03:33 PM
Nice Hank I hope to be able to always remember that...

carasdad
01-27-2013, 03:36 PM
I can bare with you, understand that many of us Christians are protestants meaning we protest against the entire machine that the priest who hurt you was a member of. There are many types of people on here.
This is very true...many different backgrounds. i.e. We do not have a written book to go by and we worship Mother Earth vice another appointed over us. Thankfully so far I have not been ridiculed on our faith. I am sure it may come...but as long as my faith and devotion is powerful enough..it will mean nothing to me.:tup: I do understand the frustration of the 'know it all' younger folks that seek advice..then ridicule what advice is given. There was a fellow on 49ccscoot like that and now no matter what he posts..his posts go unanswered or replied to. That I do find justifiable for all he did was cuss members out..call them 'retards'..tell them to shut up since they do not or have never owned a Benelli X50. Therefore his attitude cost him much needed assistance....

scootnwinn
01-28-2013, 02:32 AM
This new forum I hope will help us all to remember this thread. Already I see promising action and involvement from the mods to keep us all in check. I know I may have some bad habits that I would be better with out.

larrball
01-28-2013, 04:21 AM
I cant stop laughing.
This is almost 'CE' funny content.

BTW where is CE --- make this -"Sd.net"- complete-- go get him.

And yes scootnwinn +1 >D

bandito2
01-28-2013, 11:16 AM
-> Start rant.

I don't ever really pay attention to the male or female thing because one can never really tell for sure who is what and it really doesn't matter anyway. I help if I can and try not to repeat info somebody else has already given unless there is some point of it needing expansion. No need for that OH, OH, OH, ME TOO nonsense.

By and large people ask things because they are not sure or they don't know and need help. We don't advance our position or the pleasure of scootering when disparaging comments, threatening with malice, giving willful misinformation or other such harsh nastiness are projected at ANY member, new or not. And vulgar name calling is just flat out juvenile and a total waste of text space.

It is OK to attack the IDEA but not the person is the main point that should be applied to "disagreements". Beating a dead horse to death is unproductive as well, though revisiting subjects with a modicum of sanity with the REAL intent of enlightenment is a worthy act. We do tire of testosterone wars and pissing contests though. (at least I do)

And please, if you don't absolutely know a thing for sure and to be able to save face if you end up being wrong about it, then end each idea with "IMO"
Facts and truth are what they are, but opinions allow for some latitude. "IMO" gives a person a defensible position in an argument of the merits of a point in question. In other words: "OK, so I'm wrong. But I did say it was JUST my opinion and not stated as fact".
And there is no shame admitting you were wrong. People will likely respect you more for that in spite of what the natural feeling of weakness conceding may bring to you.

But jeez, can't we all just get along?
-> End rant

Sorry, but sometimes I just go on and on. It's OK to tell me if I'm being too long winded.... I tend to do that .... just so you all know. After working 33 years in psych, I've been called just about everything under the sun and can spot crazy (and BS too) however subtle it may be from a mile away. Been pretty good at helping folks separate fantasy from reality. Could work here too.....maybe.

wangchicken
01-29-2013, 01:57 AM
im postin nonsense to make sure this thread stays up and gets full of irrelevant bs so people can see 4 pages and think man o man must be some good info in there but no its just some one bumping a thread that has all ready been answered ,,,Lipie oronip bor gir osetiel nacotit otinigi rig! Nofel cam rifu oro. Rarine inep ve idecipac lagorie pi pur co sos, cumi nitafed riyala: Iewaliluc ierayeti fie te horadum, gobaries beda case arerupoc irenedus fa. Soceci nuri rinatac unec onetah te ureviri hiredie? Niqomis nasesod munehi akigi iecibe. Araciton fede olereca: Ame mipumot ro egub wed fene sigirel rita sewaqul.

dudley
01-29-2013, 06:23 AM
You spelled niquomus wrong!

spandi
01-29-2013, 10:02 AM
we're like a happy little train wreck.Did someone mention trains?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyk3AEXvmLg

carasdad
01-29-2013, 10:25 AM
-> Start rant.

I don't ever really pay attention to the male or female thing because one can never really tell for sure who is what and it really doesn't matter anyway. I help if I can and try not to repeat info somebody else has already given unless there is some point of it needing expansion. No need for that OH, OH, OH, ME TOO nonsense.

By and large people ask things because they are not sure or they don't know and need help. We don't advance our position or the pleasure of scootering when disparaging comments, threatening with malice, giving willful misinformation or other such harsh nastiness are projected at ANY member, new or not. And vulgar name calling is just flat out juvenile and a total waste of text space.

It is OK to attack the IDEA but not the person is the main point that should be applied to "disagreements". Beating a dead horse to death is unproductive as well, though revisiting subjects with a modicum of sanity with the REAL intent of enlightenment is a worthy act. We do tire of testosterone wars and pissing contests though. (at least I do)

And please, if you don't absolutely know a thing for sure and to be able to save face if you end up being wrong about it, then end each idea with "IMO"
Facts and truth are what they are, but opinions allow for some latitude. "IMO" gives a person a defensible position in an argument of the merits of a point in question. In other words: "OK, so I'm wrong. But I did say it was JUST my opinion and not stated as fact".
And there is no shame admitting you were wrong. People will likely respect you more for that in spite of what the natural feeling of weakness conceding may bring to you.

But jeez, can't we all just get along?
-> End rant

Sorry, but sometimes I just go on and on. It's OK to tell me if I'm being too long winded.... I tend to do that .... just so you all know. After working 33 years in psych, I've been called just about everything under the sun and can spot crazy (and BS too) however subtle it may be from a mile away. Been pretty good at helping folks separate fantasy from reality. Could work here too.....maybe.
+5..well put fellow Michigander...:tup:

carasdad
01-29-2013, 10:28 AM
im postin nonsense to make sure this thread stays up and gets full of irrelevant bs so people can see 4 pages and think man o man must be some good info in there but no its just some one bumping a thread that has all ready been answered ,,,Lipie oronip bor gir osetiel nacotit otinigi rig! Nofel cam rifu oro. Rarine inep ve idecipac lagorie pi pur co sos, cumi nitafed riyala: Iewaliluc ierayeti fie te horadum, gobaries beda case arerupoc irenedus fa. Soceci nuri rinatac unec onetah te ureviri hiredie? Niqomis nasesod munehi akigi iecibe. Araciton fede olereca: Ame mipumot ro egub wed fene sigirel rita sewaqul.

Hey bro..what language was that?...Translate for us...I translate my Chippewa sentences...don't leave of us in the dark. :(

jarlaxle
01-29-2013, 12:53 PM

Put down the absinthe and slowly back away from the keyboard!:cheers:

inuyasha
01-29-2013, 01:54 PM
Hi
:ugh::hmm:
You wouldnt happen to be related to this guy by any chance? would ya :lmao:LOL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9698TqtY4A
Yours Hank

larrball
03-17-2013, 03:35 AM
Isn't it odd?...... That if a female posts with a problem...she will get 3-4 pages of responses....and if a guy posts with anger...controversy and an attempt to start a 'pissing match'..he too shall get 3-4 pages of responses. Yet for the 'Average Joe' who posts with an issue...he gets 50+ 'Reads'...and very few if any responses....then is chastised for making a repost when all he wants is assistance. But his post just falls to the bottom of the list...or completely drops off into the vast archives of this forum. Helping the female is nice...though some treat it as a flirting/dating site....responding to an angry..controversial or 'pissing match' post is nice...as long as you chose to argue with a virtual/cyber person. But I have noticed that as of late...those truly needing answers..support..help...etc.. Are being pushed aside...:no: Tell me I am wrong?.. Can't be done can it...as truth is the truth...:shrug:
Glenn....

Glen, know anyone that's = Seen/Drove/worked on/ fliped a finger-to/ just plan out said the word Har-a-lee.

Yet road a 12/13 Yamaha Zuma.

If not i understand.