PDA

View Full Version : Helllllllllllp plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

suddethtray
01-26-2013, 11:40 PM
Ok i have got a new wiring harness for my tank 50cc urban and the controls .

And im not geting any fire to the plug witch is new cdi work coil work so .?
It alsoi has a plug where the cdi is that my old harness did not have anyone know what plug there also idea help me troubleshoot plzzzzz

scootnwinn
01-26-2013, 11:45 PM
Check continuity to ground first before you begin to explore the rest. I am not real familar with that model or replacemeny harnesses.

carasdad
01-27-2013, 12:03 AM
Check continuity to ground first before you begin to explore the rest. I am not real familar with that model or replacemeny harnesses.
BINGO! Rob is correct..ANYTIME you mess with or change a wiring harness..check ALL grounds. Some harnesses...even if replacements for a specific scoot...may be wired different. Namely the frame and engine grounds. Should be one engine ground and one frame ground. But I have seen a few with 2-3 frame grounds..:hmm:

tvnacman
01-27-2013, 05:32 AM
if the electric start is working , your engine ground is good . Remember your cdi on the green wire needs a ground also same with the coil . Pull the plug from the cdi and be sure the the green wire is fixed to ground all the time . Quick test put a test light or meter to the positive battery then touch the green if you get 12vdc or a light the green ground is good . Then check the black/white wire the same way , with the key in the off position the light should light , with the key on it should not . If that checks out , move on to the stator plug , 2 bullet connectors the black/red should be over 40vac while cranking , the blue one should be .5vac to 2.5vac while cranking .

Lets see above and we can go from there .

John

suddethtray
01-27-2013, 04:59 PM
thanks guys i will try that tom got to take a break getting too upset .

suddethtray
01-28-2013, 04:23 AM
if the electric start is working , your engine ground is good . Remember your cdi on the green wire needs a ground also same with the coil . Pull the plug from the cdi and be sure the the green wire is fixed to ground all the time . Quick test put a test light or meter to the positive battery then touch the green if you get 12vdc or a light the green ground is good . Then check the black/white wire the same way , with the key in the off position the light should light , with the key on it should not . If that checks out , move on to the stator plug , 2 bullet connectors the black/red should be over 40vac while cranking , the blue one should be .5vac to 2.5vac while cranking .

John

hey i forgot to ask about the key switch i busted out a;ll there is is the back plastic part would that have anything too do with it .if so can i toggle switch it

wangchicken
01-28-2013, 04:57 AM
you bought a harness ? Buy a new key switch!

suddethtray
01-28-2013, 09:00 AM
i have spent All i can afford

MEAN_MOTOFINO
01-28-2013, 02:30 PM
You have the option of wiring up an aftermarket switch. Thats what I did but I wouldnt recommend it. I would just make sure all your GREEN wires are grounded right and make sure that blue wire from the pickup module is connected.

suddethtray
01-30-2013, 12:46 AM

John

hey john lthe test light stays on on all grounds with switch on or off ???????

suddethtray
01-30-2013, 09:28 AM
hey john lthe test light stays on on all grounds with switch on or off ??????? helppppppp meeeeee