PDA

View Full Version : Scooter idle issues

50scoot
01-25-2013, 10:36 PM
So for as long as i've had my scooter i've always been fighting an issue. When i goose the throttle the rpms come up like they should but then when they come down they go below the normal idle and sometimes it dies most of the time it stays running but drops really low then slowly comes back up? what causes this? idle mixture is off? too much fuel then when the rpms drop it throws the ratio off? The only way to compensate for the rpm drop when goosing the throttle is to idle it really high

millsc
01-25-2013, 10:41 PM
the roketa i just got does the same thing it has a non adjustable carb for now im gonna get a new carb and tune the a/f screw and adjust the valves im sure that will remedy the problem

50scoot
01-25-2013, 10:51 PM
my valves are either .003 or .004 I don't remember which. And with the 38 idle jet i have the screw 2 turns out for now but i only have about 20mins on tuning since i put the larger jet in. so maybe it needs more.

733scooterguy
01-26-2013, 01:24 AM
particles have built up in your carb and are getting stuck under your float making your automatic choke adjust for the incorrect difference or the float is unbalanced.
take off your carb and shake it really good in your hand. Like mixing a drink. Bang on it.
Put it back in and see if that fixes it. If your carb has screws in the bottom [aftermarket] No screws [factory]. Open it up and look that the float sits level. If not pull it out. You can bend the little tab that holds the float up or down to level the float.