A doppelgänger? That is weird.

millsc
01-25-2013, 08:56 PM
read my post on the other site weird stuff here

terrilee
01-25-2013, 08:58 PM
quote i s from medman
OK, What happened is this.

Lee has allowed another person to transfer all the content of this forum to the other place. When they did that the forum was converted to a read only forum and the link to the other place was posted.

As you might guess PB did not like that. They have disabled the Admin account and the forum is now back open for posting.

millsc
01-25-2013, 09:02 PM
not sure what think of this :hmm:

teddy554
01-25-2013, 09:10 PM
Im done with the old one like the new one better

spandi
01-25-2013, 09:37 PM
Oh gosh this reminds me of when "New Coke" came out.

jrryan
01-25-2013, 09:40 PM
Proboards didn't take it kindly as to what was done. Hey where is Mike?

millsc
01-25-2013, 09:43 PM
:no: hate to say it but this site will probably be shut down its a good job done by mike with the format but potentially illegal

spandi
01-25-2013, 09:45 PM
Dogfight a comin'!

spandi
01-25-2013, 09:47 PM
I kinda thought this might be the reason for the swift change with no warning.

Lefty
01-25-2013, 09:49 PM
I was just on the other dawg pound and yes it is up and running and you can post SO SHIT IS ABOUT TO HAPPEN FOLKS. Maybe the CHECK BOUNCEDhttp://www4.picturepush.com/photo/a/12042747/640/12042747.gif (http://picturepush.com/public/12042747)
Lefty

Admin
01-25-2013, 09:49 PM
This forum is going nowhere, don't worry, and this IS the new forum. The old one will not be used anymore.

terrilee
01-25-2013, 09:50 PM
and yinz all thought the bun bun was nuts huh?
:nuts::shrug:

millsc
01-25-2013, 09:51 PM
ill have my drinks and see what happens proboards seems pissed >:(

Admin
01-25-2013, 10:00 PM
Of course they'd be pissed, they can't peddle their spam to you guys anymore. lol

millsc
01-25-2013, 10:00 PM
maybe i should kept quiet :no:

terrilee
01-25-2013, 10:01 PM
stuck in the middle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8StG4fFWHqg

scootnwinn
01-25-2013, 10:06 PM
Good the old one stunk It was slow, locked up and full of spam oh well

jrryan
01-25-2013, 10:27 PM
This forum is going nowhere, don't worry, and this IS the new forum. The old one will not be used anymore.

I don't know? If you read PB tems of service which the Admin (Lee) did then it seems he couldn't sell something that didn't belong to him?

Copyright, now that's a sticky subject. http://www.scootdawg.net/images/icons/smiley-shakehead-blue2.gif

Admin
01-25-2013, 10:31 PM
With or without the 'material', this forum will still always be here. The move was essential, the spam was out of control and there were constant 'threats' that they were shutting us down. Lee wanted us to have this for the future of SD.

It's your choice... nice new forum with no spam, or... that. Seems like a no-brainer.

millsc
01-25-2013, 10:32 PM
I'd imagine the proboard links that were posted on the original site are copyrighted this board can still remain but the posts from the proboard scootdawg site are most likely gonna have to come down here.

scootnwinn
01-25-2013, 10:33 PM
Yep tell proboards I won't be back

amac1680
01-25-2013, 10:39 PM
I agree copyrights can be sticky.
That being said the legalities of this are none of my concern. I came to all of the forums to get/exchange info on motorscooters.

I'm sure there's a backstory but those are also non of my concern.

I'll let the "scooter wars" play out and in the meantime I guess I'll have to read both SD until one, or none vanish.

Be Big,
AMAC

jrryan
01-25-2013, 10:41 PM
With or without the 'material', this forum will still always be here. The move was essential, the spam was out of control and there were constant 'threats' that they were shutting us down. Lee wanted us to have this for the future of SD.

It's your choice... nice new forum with no spam, or... that. Seems like a no-brainer.

Spam is controlled by the people running the forum, yourself included. Lee went AWOL on that forum a long time ago and with 23k members it's going to happen and will here too. SPAM deletion is not hard and even with better software they can come.

Even the best computer antivirus software has trouble sometimes getting it. Just a someone can figure out how to stop it someone else can figure out a way around it.

Take away the scooter material here and I don't imagine the lifeblood of this forum which is advertising will do well and for sure that's what this is about not fixing or helping anyone with a scooter or SPAM. Lee didn't own Scootdawg forum Proboards did and does and their material was copied. http://www.scootdawg.net/images/icons/smiley-shakehead-blue2.gif

Admin
01-25-2013, 10:44 PM
Wrong, spam is easily controled 99%, or more. We stop it right at the registration process. Can 1 or 2 get through, sure, but it's rare.

PB has no desire to control spam, it makes them money. Hence why they don't have any methods to prevent it.

jrryan
01-25-2013, 10:59 PM
Wrong, spam is easily controled 99%, or more. We stop it right at the registration process. Can 1 or 2 get through, sure, but it's rare.

PB has no desire to control spam, it makes them money. Hence why they don't have any methods to prevent it.

SPAM and advertising all the same people don't care to see either and even the one or two have to be controlled by humans not software and when the very owner doesn't check in there will be no controls.

Admin
01-25-2013, 11:03 PM
Youre not understanding..

Spam is unauthorized advertising that has nothing to do with the subject of the site. It also can contain harmful, virus-filled links.

Sponsors/Ads are approved, and help pay for the costs of running the forum.

You're thinking about spam that has already gotten through, and the Admins/Mods need to delete. What Im trying to tell you is that measures can be taken to stop them from even being able to register, like I've done here. There are NO measures to stop spambot registrations on PB.

Wonder why that is?

spandi
01-25-2013, 11:05 PM
I'm wondering about the precedent being set here. I'm also wondering about the outcome. I don't think Proboards is going to sit idly by while the assets under it's control are broken off and sold, if for nothing else than out of a possible sense of self preservation.

Admin
01-25-2013, 11:10 PM
PB is a scam in and of itself. You, the members, are the ones that have contributed to the forum with content. You're the owners of the posts since they came from you. Lee also had enough content and know-how that made people want to join.

Now PB wants to claim it as their own? They housed the forum for many years, and should be thankful they did for as long as they did, but the content is the members'. Thats like saying if you rent a house out, and fill it with goods, that when you leave, the goods are the landlord's. C'mon.

scootnwinn
01-25-2013, 11:15 PM
I have been on forums that have done the same as you Mike and there was no issues strange this is going the way it is. We need to all just get back to scooters. I for one like this one hope it all works out.

Admin
01-25-2013, 11:22 PM
Thanks scootnwinn, all I was really trying to do was give everyone a better forum since there was an obvious need.

Im finding it hard to find a reason for all this now, seems like no one appreciates it and is crucifying me for trying.

My bad!

jrryan
01-25-2013, 11:32 PM
Thanks scootnwinn, all I was really trying to do was give everyone a better forum since there was an obvious need.

Im finding it hard to find a reason for all this now, seems like no one appreciates it and is crucifying me for trying.

My bad!

Come on now Mike you're playing the old sad sob I wanted to make a better forum with no SPAM and you didn't do this out of the old goodness of the heart. This is a business venture:

(1) Put up a forum of other material that you bought from someone else on someone else's forum software;
(2) Material attracts paying advertisers
(3) Make money

Now take away the "material" and how long will it take you to build a forum like this with 23k members and make the same kind of money?

It doesn't matter who put the material up on Scootdawg to join and use their software you read and "agree" to their terms, break the rules and you lose the rights to the software and the material with it.

And for the renting the house thing there are lots of states that have just such laws, make improvements to the property and the owner owns it lock , stock and barrel.

You crucified yourself.

teddy554
01-25-2013, 11:34 PM
I am staying, the other forum sucks compared to this one and also a lot of people dont have to hide there identities like the did on the other ( why they did idk) plus there was no one really running the forum there, medman tired to help but couldnt keep up with the spam we were receiving every day. Everyone talks lee this lee that but as from what i seen he deserted the forum and didnt leave anyone in charge clearing showing he does care about it or its members, was a still good forum not cause of lee or any one person but its members, I always will be scootdawg on both but i hope the better of the two will move forward

spandi
01-25-2013, 11:36 PM
Actually I find myself liking your site more and more, it's true in the beginning I had some difficulties but it getting to know my way around. Please do not fell so bad, and do not think your work is unappreciated. That is not the case at all, many members seem to enjoy it, but understand this has been something of a shock to people, (who in some cases) have been posting for years.

P.S. I did not say they owned anything, merely that it was "assets they controlled"

spandi
01-25-2013, 11:42 PM
I agree with you jr that this is a business venture, but oftentimes who we are and what we do are hopelessly intertwined. We shall see.....

teddy554
01-25-2013, 11:47 PM
They all envy scootdawg cause of there very own dead forums and they all want what you got and did everything to cause uproar with proboards most of the people talking against you have not posted on scootdawg.pro for ever or true member of scootdawg and use different account to hide who they really are but a name doesnt change who you are and i can spot anyone out by the thing they say and do. They leave cause there online emotions were hurt to go to a different forum and find out the grass aint always greener on the other side and come back crawling with different user names starting the same ol crap with the same ol piss poor outlook.

millsc
01-25-2013, 11:49 PM
I go on several forums scootdawg is my main forum but i have no problem posting on any of them i just was confused by the whole ordeal

millsc
01-25-2013, 11:51 PM
>D you now have the option so i guess all is solved

Admin
01-25-2013, 11:51 PM
Whoa.. if you think this is some kind of huge money maker, think again. Do you know how much servers cost? Yes ads help with the costs, and if you figure in all the time involved, Id probably lose money! lmao

And I dont know what youre talking about, I never agreed to any terms. I've nevr had any agrement with PB, ever.

As far as my analogy, I wasn't talking about 'improvements', moreso the contents (furnishings).

Thank you Spandi, appreciate it! :tup:

teddy554
01-25-2013, 11:52 PM
I also im a member of every scooter forum nothing wrong with that, thats not what i was posting about

spandi
01-25-2013, 11:54 PM
You are quite welcome....and with that I'll begin my preparations for turning in. Good night.

jrryan
01-25-2013, 11:55 PM
I am staying, the other forum sucks compared to this one and also a lot of of people dont have to hide there identities like the did on the other ( why they did idk) plus there was no one really running the forum there, medman tired to help but couldnt keep up with the spam we were receiving every day. Everyone talks lee this lee that but as from what i seen he deserted the forum and didnt leave anyone in charge clearing showing he does care about it or its members, was a still good forum not cause of lee or any one person but its members, I always will be scootdawg on both but i hope the better of the two will move forward

So Lee started the forum, left it and then sold it to another and wanted all of the material that sucks sent here? If that's the case why just not start new with new material? Why not just have a different name for the better forum with better software and no SPAM and the advertising?

BTW how can a forum that sucks be a good forum?

the other forum sucks was a still good forum

Admin
01-26-2013, 12:03 AM
I think he means that the way the forum was run, and the features, or lack there of, sucked. Let's face it, it was overcome with spam, which users dont particularly like.

But youre right, the posts were great, the info is great.. it was just housed in something not-so-good.

teddy554
01-26-2013, 12:05 AM
The layout and the host not the member or the knowledge we put in it

teddy554
01-26-2013, 12:07 AM
So Lee started the forum, left it and then sold it to another and wanted all of the material that sucks sent here? If that's the case why just not start new with new material? Why not just have a different name for the better forum with better software and no SPAM and the advertising?

BTW how can a forum that sucks be a good forum?

the other forum sucks was a still good forum
I see you pointed certain things out in my post but dodge the rest..lol

Admin
01-26-2013, 12:07 AM
Exactly, the members are what makes a forum.

inuyasha
01-26-2013, 12:17 AM
Hi
Until i see any thing contrary that changes my mind about the new site and so far i like what i see i can find no good reasons what so ever not to accept this as a pleasent new suprise enjoy the new site and the fellowship it now provides us all and thank Mike the new admin
Take care and ride safely dear friends
Yours Hank

jrryan
01-26-2013, 12:51 AM
I see you pointed certain things out in my post but dodge the rest..lol

Didn't dodge anything, just didn't understand how a good forum sucks? http://www.scootdawg.net/images/icons/newemoticon_lmao.gif

teddy554
01-26-2013, 01:02 AM
do you want to understand how a bad forum really sucks, go to scooter professor :lmao:

medman1952
01-26-2013, 01:07 AM
OK, Really, I know that everybody here knows I am not really fond of Scoot Prof. But please lets not get into insulting people and places.

BTW, Mike was generous enough to extend a staff position to me here.

JR and I have had a couple very pleasant phone conversations recently, if we can be civil, most anybody can be civil.

jrryan
01-26-2013, 01:11 AM
http://www.thescooterprofessor.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=viewprofile&user=teddy554

Then why are you there?

jonvolks
01-26-2013, 01:13 AM
Well, I was just getting used to the other site and now a new one. Might take awhile to get used to this one.

teddy554
01-26-2013, 01:29 AM
got a invite, plus its no secret already said im a member on every scooter forum including yours. I guess the same reason your here cause i like scooter but almost every person is a member of every other forum look at the topic most of them are posted on two or three sites. I really dont post on your but read when i go and keep quite

jrryan
01-26-2013, 01:34 AM
OK, Really, I know that everybody here knows I am not really fond of Scoot Prof. But please lets not get into insulting people and places.

BTW, Mike was generous enough to extend a staff position to me here.

JR and I have had a couple very pleasant phone conversations recently, if we can be civil, most anybody can be civil.

I enjoyed talking to you Doug, been a long time.

larrball
01-26-2013, 02:32 AM
Hi
Until i see any thing contrary that changes my mind about the new site and so far i like what i see i can find no good reasons what so ever not to accept this as a pleasent new suprise enjoy the new site and the fellowship it now provides us all and thank Mike the new admin
Take care and ride safely dear friends
Yours Hank

I'm with Hank on this one.

What's kinda funny is that we buy a scooter that is stock.
Then we mod it to make it bigger,better,faster.

Kinda like the two different forms, one is stock and this one is the modded one.

(Pinnies for your Dollar)

amac1680
01-26-2013, 07:20 AM
Sorry most don't really care who runs/owns/or moderates. They want to talk about their scoots. Those who care have a history or a horse in this race. This thread only has a handful of posters the rest don't care. Some of this may be cyber-chest pounding for all I know. Again I don't care why.

Build it and they will come. Provide a resource and it will be found.

Be Big,
AMAC

terrilee
01-26-2013, 08:42 AM
I enjoyed talking to you Doug, been a long time.

did hell freeze over ??? :clap:
finally u 2 can be civil again,
i was sorta stuck in the middle,
both you guys were/ are very kind when i 1st started
never understood what the feud was about
but that happens all the time,
now can u play nice form now on??? :ugh:

spandi
01-26-2013, 09:27 AM
I'll second hanks motion.

Frank Castle
02-07-2014, 12:04 AM
wait a second. can someone fill me in? there are 2 scootdawgs? i did notice another scootdawg forum but i think it was called pro boards, im new here which one is which, did i join the right one??

Admin
02-07-2014, 12:56 AM
wait a second. can someone fill me in? there are 2 scootdawgs? i did notice another scootdawg forum but i think it was called pro boards, im new here which one is which, did i join the right one??

You're in the right place. The old one was run on 'proboards', and when the previous Admin wanted to 'retire', I took over and we moved to this new forum.