PDA

View Full Version : What...another one too?.

carasdad
01-25-2013, 07:09 PM
Just logged on to 49ccscoot...they changed too. Is it a sister site of this one...or just a coincidence?... What is going on...:hmm:

loncindawg
01-25-2013, 07:16 PM
It also coincides with the start of the second Obama administration.

(Oops! That's not political, is it?)

teddy554
01-25-2013, 07:31 PM
They change the same day but there still pb

Guest_1
01-25-2013, 07:32 PM
scot prof was having probs this AM also

inuyasha
01-25-2013, 07:38 PM
Hi Glenn
Maybe a scooter Coup d'état is in the wings by some super secret clandestine organization:s:nuts:
Take care and ride safely dear friend
Yours Hank

rallyrrr
01-25-2013, 07:40 PM
The proprietor/owner of 49cc, Brent B. used to moderate on two strokes, etc. here. They both used the PB forum developers/maintainers. PB has changed to vBulletin and the formats have changed.

This is my understanding at least.

Stepthrutuner @ 49ccScoot

carasdad
01-25-2013, 07:44 PM
Hi Glenn
Maybe a scooter Coup d'état is in the wings by some super secret clandestine organization:s:nuts:
Take care and ride safely dear friend
Yours Hank
Hank...that is my thought exactly!! Time to mount the Barrett .50 on my roof I see...then set up a watch for the family members.:s

Admin
01-25-2013, 07:44 PM
The proprietor/owner of 49cc, Brent B. used to moderate on two strokes, etc. here. They both used the PB forum developers/maintainers. PB has changed to vBulletin and the formats have changed.

This is my understanding at least.

Stepthrutuner @ 49ccScoot

No, pb did not change to vb, they simply 'upgraded' (if that's what you wanna call it) their forum software to a new version.

rallyrrr
01-25-2013, 07:48 PM
No, pb did not change to vb, they simply 'upgraded' (if that's what you wanna call it) their forum software to a new version.

At the bottom of the page it says, "Powered by vBulletin" didn't it used to say, "powered by PB" ?

spandi
01-25-2013, 07:49 PM
Naah. Remain calm, (all is well citizens) It's just the NSWO (New Scooting World Order) Taking over.

Admin
01-25-2013, 07:50 PM
At the bottom of the page it says, "Powered by vBulletin" didn't it used to say, "powered by PB" ?

On 49ccScoot? Says PB for me..

rallyrrr
01-25-2013, 07:57 PM
Okay, you're right. But SD has changed to hasn't it? Very rarely here anymore. It says Vbulletin at the bottom of the pages here. So straighten me out.

jrryan
01-25-2013, 08:01 PM
Guys it's the new BETAZONE PB is using and Brent went to it.

In BetaZone, participating admins have the exclusive chance to test their forums in PB v5 mode. PB v5 is our new forum software which includes numerous upgrades to your forum. This includes integrated forum notifications, live search (get results as you type your search!), a new single sign-on for all PB forums, a fully revamped forum admin panel, a posting WYSIWYG editor, the PB Avatar Maker, direct access to your forum's HTML templates, "Liking" posts, infinite sub-boards, @tagging members in posts, integrated shoutbox, personal messages with more than two people in the conversation, and literally hundreds more new features!

Just like this software is it has it's pros and cons. For sure they have the edge on the HTML. Mainly it's the new thing and it's hard sometimes to adjust. I recently changed to Windows 8 from 7 and at first I said man oh man but I found the features I liked about 8 and tweaked it to do what I liked that 7 did and now all is well. http://www.scootdawg.net/images/icons/thumbs-up-blue2.gif

JR

jrryan
01-25-2013, 08:04 PM
scot prof was having probs this AM also

Proboards was having server issues which caused some problems but it was not related to any software change by the forum. http://www.scootdawg.net/images/icons/smiley-shakehead-blue2.gif

Admin
01-25-2013, 08:09 PM
Yes, we are now on vBulletin, moved from PB yesterday.

PB is really the most generic, amateur-ish forum software out there. I could go on and on about how terrible it is, but I'll spare you all. >D

Real sites use VB, phpBB, or even Invision. There's a couple others too, but VB is still the absolute best in my opinion.

carasdad
01-25-2013, 08:12 PM
Naah. Remain calm, (all is well citizens) It's just the NSWO (New Scooting World Order) Taking over.
K I got it now...just heard from my cousins girlfriends...uncles brothers...neighbor...that. All scooter sites...scooter ownership...scooter regulations...taxes and imposed fees have been absorbed by..and now in control of the U.N. and DHS. For seriously anybody over the age of 16 that owns or still rides a scooter/moped is a potential national security risk....due to the uncommon nature when they could drive a car instead. Supposedly this past week well over 100 scooters were confiscated because they were reconfigured to be "All out Urban Assault Vehicles" Thank goodness we have those organizations to protect us huh?..:yay:

jrryan
01-25-2013, 08:13 PM
On 49ccScoot? Says PB for me..

It is still PB but the new BETAZONE5

rallyrrr
01-25-2013, 08:13 PM
Now I know more than I my feeble mind can barely comprehend.

Thanks, Jer.

Admin
01-25-2013, 08:17 PM
It is still PB but the new BETAZONE5

Yea, they're eventually changing all PB forums to that, but some get an early start. Poor guys. >D lol

Irish
07-31-2015, 12:00 PM
Hank...that is my thought exactly!! Time to mount the Barrett .50 on my roof I see...then set up a watch for the family members.:s

All is not lost! Someone , besides myself has heard of a Barrett .50.:tup: Irish
P.S. Welcome to the world of Snipers!:yay: