PDA

View Full Version : can't diagnose the issue

anthonysinacola
01-25-2013, 01:14 PM
I have a 2t baccio dlx50. I've posted numerous threads containing my seemingly endless issues. I'm about ready to pay the 75$ diagnostics fee at the local shop. My scooter cranks over, idles smooth and drives pretty smooth and is very peppy. Upgrades are as follows: naraku racing cvt kit, 6 gram rollers 1.5k clutch and contra spring, bbk kit, 95 main jet, technigas exhaust pipe.
So heres my issue...I'll drive it for about 5 mins or so, around 1 or 2 miles at about 3/4 throttle about 40mph. Then it bogs down and dies. I can keep it alive for a few seconds by going wot, but it eventually cuts off and I cruise to a stop. Then i have to wait about 5 mins for it to start again, because it wont start right away. I thought the problem was my variator because the whole system looked bad so I spent 200$ replacing it with all brand new parts. But I am having the same problem as before. I cannot figure out why it keeps dieing like that. Any ideas?

teddy554
01-25-2013, 01:23 PM
it is soft sizing either from not enough 2t oil or a air leak cause the main jet sound about right for your setup

scootnwinn
01-25-2013, 01:31 PM
Is the coil or CDI excessively hot when this happens?

skuttadawg
01-25-2013, 02:32 PM
Try a larger main jet or cooler sparkplug . I use NGKBRP8HIX . Also look at the float valve

anthonysinacola
01-25-2013, 03:04 PM
I haven't checked the cdi or the coil for it being hot. And as far as not enough oil I premix as well as the stock oil pump. It smokes slightly black when I first start it, but it goes away after I let it warm up. When its in the high power band It's very responsive so I doubt its the main jet not being big enough. If its soft seizing, what can I do to resolve that issue? Just replace the big bore kit?

skuttadawg
01-25-2013, 06:21 PM
Too lean meaning not enough fuel , too hot of a sparkplug and not enough oil can make a 2T soft seize . Since you premix as well as use the injector that should not be a factor . What size of carb and main jet do you have ? Stock airbox and exhaust ? What sparkplug does it have ?

teddy554
01-25-2013, 07:45 PM
you could have a air leak like at the exhaust gasket abd base gasket or the crank seals you can take a propane or starting fluid and spray around thess areas after it warms up and if the idle goes up you have a air leak. A air leak is when air is getting inside the motor from some where besides where it supposed to (the carb) and can cause your motor to run lean and get hot and soft seize, if your mix the oil yourself you need to increase jet size by 3 % try the next size up just to see what happens

anthonysinacola
01-26-2013, 11:30 PM
Too lean meaning not enough fuel , too hot of a sparkplug and not enough oil can make a 2T soft seize . Since you premix as well as use the injector that should not be a factor . What size of carb and main jet do you have ? Stock airbox and exhaust ? What sparkplug does it have ?

I forget exactly what the code is, but it's a ngk, and the spark is 8, It was running 7 but I tried a colder plug. I'm not sure what the carb size is. Would it be labeled on the carb? And the main jet is a 95, stock airbox and a technigas exhaust.

anthonysinacola
01-27-2013, 03:54 PM
so this is what I found upon removal of the bbk. It looks like the headgasket wasn't seated or sealed correctly. There is a hole in the piston.....? and all around the bbk it looks like oil/fuel mixture may have been coming out from the headgasket because there is an oil slick covering half the undercarriage around the bbk. So it looks as if I will need a new bbk, does anyone have a kit they would recommend for the 1pe40qmb that is under $200? I might also purchase an upgraded cdi as well.

terrilee
01-27-2013, 04:50 PM
http://eshop.mainelyscooters.com/shop/

heres a good vendor

anthonysinacola
02-02-2013, 09:29 PM
can anyone point me in the right direction here? I need to find a big bore kit for my 1pe40qmb 2 stroke, with a 10mm wrist pin. I dont wanna buy the ebay kit from taiwan but Im having a hard time finding a kit for my scooter. thanks

scootercapecod
02-03-2013, 11:00 AM
http://eshop.mainelyscooters.com/shop/

heres a good vendor Check out this site or www.partsforscooters.com

skuttadawg
02-04-2013, 01:15 AM
On your next build do a plug chop first thing to see how the jetting is . I use this kit with matching MMG pipe its a beast http://shop.jupiterscooters.net/Cylinder-kit-75cc-Minarelli-10mm-wrist-pin-Made-in-Taiwan-MGMP0108-75CC-10mmpin.htm