PDA

View Full Version : Is this for real?

Lefty
01-25-2013, 01:11 PM
Questions and investigations are currently under way to find out if THIS FORUM IS THE REAL THING or SD HAS BEEN HACKED, OR LEE SOLD SD.

If you notice in the TIPS SECTION the OLD MOD from SD logged in and created ad thread with some wiring diagrams and also put a LINK to his forum REBELS. WELL someone called him and he did NOT KNOW A THING ABOUT IT.

So be very carefull about using your business email or your home emails to register until it is investigated and find out if this is the REAL DEAL or SD has been HACKED. Create a couple of emails that you can blow away in a minute. So if your registering use those emails to protect yourself, and if a email comes to you using those EMAILS do not open them.
Lefty

teddy554
01-25-2013, 01:15 PM
They still wouldnt have access to your email account

Admin
01-25-2013, 01:17 PM
lmao Uhh... huhhh? :hmm:

Lefty
01-25-2013, 01:30 PM
They still wouldnt have access to your email account

No but they sure can send you emails with a TROJAN and grab all your contacts emails and or wipe out your disk.

Anyway just a warning, like I said MEDMAN was called and he said he KNEW NOTHING about it and that HE DID NOT LOGIN and POST ANTHING Yet it shows that he logged in with wiring diagrams and he is from California.

So just a warning that is all until is it found if this is legit or not. If it is that is fine if not this will be short lived.
Lefty

Admin
01-25-2013, 01:32 PM
Yea we should really get to the bottom of this!

Let me go get my tinfoil hat real quick..

lmao >D

Lefty
01-25-2013, 01:40 PM

lmao >D

That coming from an ADMIN on a real concern, not very professional and brings up even more red flags don't you think.
Lefty

Admin
01-25-2013, 01:46 PM
I'm just teasing you. :cheers:

I do however find it a little funny that someone would go through all this trouble of designing an entire new forum from scratch for the past month, paying for the license, buying the domain name, hosting, and spending 3 straight days of transfering it over (with about 4 hours of total sleep time in those 3 days), in order to just steal a few emails from the members, to do absolutely nothing with. You gotta admit, it's a little far-fetched.

Even if it was 'hacked' (which it clearly wasn't.. you can ask Dawg/Lee), I think this is a much better option, don't ya think? :nod:

Guest_1
01-25-2013, 01:49 PM
oh ok ic

me getting tons of spam,
just like the spam that was on the SD.com pro board site
ya know gucci belts & bags, bicycles, dresses,
that was a coincidence also. might have been
but being that the e mail addy i used there and here
is for custom cat run business i do.
i have only gotten ehh 100 e mails on it, for people looking for pics, or quotes
etc etc etc in months & months, not good biz idea, lol

we will see i guess
:shrug:

scootnwinn
01-25-2013, 01:50 PM
Ok well it seems all the data from the old forum is moved (well most of it) the old one is read only... The new one is awesome is ACTUALLY moderated for all i care the old scootdawg can go. I have used many of the forums features clicked on email links etc. Its fine guys even if it is unapproved. Medman was not the owner of the old one and he stated he couldn't reach the owner or take control of the forum from him so what ever happened happened. If you are going to hack a forum hack a BMW or Ducati site or maybe a Vespa site but why on earth would you want my identity I ride an old Suzuki I don't have any money steal my identity you may improve my credit score. No one is gonna hack a Chinese scooter site there is no money here.

Who are you anyway? How do we know you talked to any one. If medman was concerned about this he would have posted it himself

scootnwinn
01-25-2013, 01:52 PM
It has to be a conspiracy admin where is my tinfoil hat!!!

carasdad
01-25-2013, 01:54 PM

lmao >D
Admin..well so is true or not?.. a 'Lmao" doesn't tell us anything..

Guest_1
01-25-2013, 01:57 PM
doug, medman1952,
has said he has no idea what was going on.
he's way to busy now to drop his prof.life
and come see or anything
said he would when he can

so idk

just a curious lil bun bun :nuts:

scootnwinn
01-25-2013, 02:01 PM
Whatever, the dude doesn't have a spare 5 minutes in the last 48 hours, but has time for phone calls... There is something fishy going on all right but the how and who is what is the question

lmoa means "whatever ya right." Medman was not the old forum's owner guys. What does the transfer of the site have to with him?? Once again any criminal worth his salt doesn't go looking to steal the identities of people who drive the least expensive vehicles made.

jimboeau
01-25-2013, 02:08 PM
That coming from an ADMIN on a real concern, not very professional and brings up even more red flags don't you think.
Lefty

Hey Lefty,

Great to have you back. I hope you stick around!

Lefty
01-25-2013, 02:20 PM
I'm just teasing you. :cheers:

I do however find it a little funny that someone would go through all this trouble of designing an entire new forum from scratch for the past month, paying for the license, buying the domain name, hosting, and spending 3 straight days of transfering it over (with about 4 hours of total sleep time in those 3 days), in order to just steal a few emails from the members, to do absolutely nothing with. You gotta admit, it's a little far-fetched.

Even if it was 'hacked' (which it clearly wasn't.. you can ask Dawg/Lee), I think this is a much better option, don't ya think? :nod:

Yes your right, but it appears nobody can get a hold of LEE. But like I said a few people have already inquired about this with pb and hopefully will get an answer soon good or bad. I hope it is LEGIT don't get me wrong but the way it was done is not good business and not smart. How about all the google hits for the old link will no longer come up. Also how about all the advertisers on the forum.

Reason this was brought up is MEDMAN was called and he knew nothing about it. But supposedly he or someone posted using his logon id. So with that, questions arose and things started to roll. For example many already know who you are your name address age and what not already, and no hacking had to be done to get that information.

Stealing Emails from people gets hackers into peoples computers that MOST have personal information on. The Emails are crap after a hacker gets what he wants off your computer. Its not the emails that count its what is on your computer that can be of use for hackers.
Lefty

Admin
01-25-2013, 02:33 PM
It's no secret that Lee is a hard man to get intouch with, but I'm sure he'll chime in once he gets a chance.

The way it was done? I'm not sure what you mean by that. How else could it be done? It was done about as professionally as you can get. Not smart? Please, don't insult my intelligence. I've been running forums for over 13 years, I think I know what I'm doing.

Google hits? Not sure what you mean by that, but I think you mean that people searching via Google will be lost now. How? The search results will still direct to the old scootdawg forum (until they eventually direct to the new) which will in turn direct people to the new one.

And the advertisers... what about them? They're still here and are quite happy. lmao And as far as emails, you still need to 'hack' into someone's email, which would have been possible anyway. And trust me, your emails mean nothing to me, I have no use for them.

Got anything else?

tvnacman
01-25-2013, 02:43 PM
Well I had a rolling banner on dawg proboards . I sent a message to the admin , how to get it back. I'm sure they are bogged down with messages. Lets see if by Monday I get a reply.

John

wutzthedeal
01-25-2013, 02:44 PM
Whoa, Nelly. Having your e-mail address in no way gives hackers access to your computer. That is absolutely false. I've worked on computers and networks for 22 years and while I may know jack shid about scooters, I know computers.

Having your e-mail address will allow a so-inclined person to send you junk mail, or, to sign you up to receive a bunch of junk mail you don't want. This is why e-mail services have spam filters. On Yahoo! Mail, for example, you don't have to ever read spam. You just click "empty" on the spam folder or just set it up to automatically empty spam. Yes, some will still get through, but when you click on them as spam, the e-mail service's spam filters get sharpened, and more capable. It can be a slow process.

The paranoia about what somebody can do to you having only your e-mail address is not warranted. If you have your anti-virus stuff up to date, a capable firewall deployed, and your anti-malware/spyware/adware software defenses/scans active, you have nothing to worry about.

As far as the legitimacy of this forum, I'm still laughing at this brilliant line by scootnwinn and I totally agree with it: "No one is gonna hack a Chinese scooter site there is no money here." :clap:

Admin
01-25-2013, 02:53 PM
Well I had a rolling banner on dawg proboards . I sent a message to the admin , how to get it back. I'm sure they are bogged down with messages. Lets see if by Monday I get a reply.

John

John, I never received any emails or PMs from you. Where did you send it to?

Thank you to those that get it. :nod:

scooterparts3
01-25-2013, 03:18 PM
interesting. The forum looks amazing! I am not use to it tho. Gotta give it time. If anyone needs me ASAP email is scooterparts3@yahoo.com :) BTW if anyone can tell me how to change my name to Scooterelements here please do :)

Admin
01-25-2013, 03:21 PM
interesting. The forum looks amazing! I am not use to it tho. Gotta give it time. If anyone needs me ASAP email is scooterparts3@yahoo.com :) BTW if anyone can tell me how to change my name to Scooterelements here please do :)

All the info is in the first post of the thread in the "New Forum Support" forum under "Welcome to the NEW ScootDawg".

Lefty
01-25-2013, 03:26 PM
Well for all those genius computer guys, I started my career as a PROGRAMMER writing software for mainframes and then pcs, as well as security software for both.
All you have to do is find the loophole in the software to get around anything. You can only do and think of so many ways that someone can get around it. Miss a few and it is found and there goes that part of the checks in the software. That is why all your current security software is always being updatee. They can only update once it is britched to plug the hole or holes.
I am retired now but I started back in 1969 programming, the going lanugage then was RPG, BAL and COBOL and Fortran, then the pcs hit then your Script,Basic,GUIs using C and C++. Gui programmers were a dime a dozen coming out of college and they still are. Many companies used to get VISAs for Chinese and India programmers and bring them over and house them like cattle working for peanuts. So with your 22 years you still have to lot to learn.
Lefty

Guest_2
01-25-2013, 03:30 PM

John

I got a reply to my message I sent to admin about my banner and he did respond and asked for a couple days to get it back on because he was extremely busy. I can understand that completely.

tvnacman
01-25-2013, 03:32 PM
John, I never received any emails or PMs from you. Where did you send it to?

Thank you to those that get it. :nod:

I could not figure out how to send pm to admin , so I sent it via contact us . The link at the bottom of the screen .

I can't seem to hide my link in my banner in my signature . Can you offer a solution ?
Admin may I ask your name , seems to be a mystery or no one has asked ?
John

inuyasha
01-25-2013, 03:41 PM
I could not figure out how to send pm to admin , so I sent it via contact us . The link at the bottom of the screen .

I can't seem to hide my link in my banner in my signature . Can you offer a solution ?
Admin may I ask your name , seems to be a mystery or no one has asked ?
John
Hi John
His name is Mike, he told us all in his fiirst posting
http://www.scootdawg.net/showthread.php?t=52570
And the only issue i have had so far is that there was no prior warning of the change over
It would have been nice to have a fews days notice
So far it seems ok
Take care and ride safely dear friend
Yours Hank

Lefty
01-25-2013, 03:42 PM
If you want I can email you all of his information he is from New York since your from there as well maybe you can go and visit.

This forum is registered for 1 year with GoDaddy.com for $9.99.
Lefty

tvnacman
01-25-2013, 03:49 PM
Lefty you have an address for the admin ?

John

Guest_2
01-25-2013, 03:50 PM
John if you are still online call me and I will help you get your signature fixed. I been thru it LOL

scootnwinn
01-25-2013, 03:54 PM
Unless you are hosting your own domain emails do give anyone access to your computer. Unless you open them and activate the malicious content they are just text on a screen snuggles spam and this forum are coincidences and nothing else quit scaring people. Spam in your spam folder is harmless unless you open it if you are retired stay retired there is no good reason for all this just because you weren't notified means nothing there is no proof anyone contacted medman

Lefty
01-25-2013, 03:54 PM
Lefty you have an address for the admin ?

John

Yes I will email you the info
Lefty

Admin
01-25-2013, 04:07 PM
Lefty can you post your name & address too, just so we know who you are? Can't ever be too careful these days, ya know?

And yes, my name is Mike... no mystery at all. It's all been stated. :tup:

I sent an email to Lee (Dawg), so I'm sure he'll post when he gets a chance. Hopefully that will calm down all you conspiracy theorists. :s

And by the way, the 'forum' is not registered with Godaddy, the domain is.. two different things. ;)

carasdad
01-25-2013, 04:11 PM
Yes I will email you the info
Lefty
Regardless.. I have to extend a thank you to Lefty...and "job well done"...for he is merely looking out for our 'cyber safety' and has taken the time to do much research regarding the development of this new site.
So at the VERY least...a thank you and round of applause for his efforts in is need.
Thank you Lefty..
Glenn, aka..Yayiima benatigee ;)

inuyasha
01-25-2013, 04:11 PM
Lefty can you post your name & address too, just so we know who you are? Can't ever be too careful these days, ya know?

I sent an email to Lee (Dawg), so I'm sure he'll post when he gets a chance. Hopefully that will calm down all you conspiracy theorists. :s

And by the way, the 'forum' is not registered with Godaddy, the domain is.. two different things. ;)
Hi Mike
Pleased to meet you
Thank you ever so much for all that you have done:clap::tup:
Take care and ride safely
Yours Hank

inuyasha
01-25-2013, 04:13 PM
Regardless.. I have to extend a thank you to Lefty...and "job well done"...for he is merely looking out for our 'cyber safety' and has taken the time to do much research regarding the development of this new site.
So at the VERY least...a thank you and round of applause for his efforts in is need.
Thank you Lefty..
Hi Glenn
+1 thanks lefty for looking out for us:tup:
Welcome back as well:clap::yay:
Take care and ride safely dear friends
Yours Hank

tvnacman
01-25-2013, 04:13 PM
hey Mike , is this true your a newyorker ?

John

Admin
01-25-2013, 04:15 PM
Thank you Lefty..

Yea, it's a ton of work to check a 'whois'. >D

Seriously though, I have no problem with it, but I think it's a little much. There's been absolutely no reason given to freak out this much, and it's probably scaring some people for nothing. I wonder, was Lee checked out this much when he first started the forum?

Lefty
01-25-2013, 04:15 PM
Unless you are hosting your own domain emails do give anyone access to your computer. Unless you open them and activate the malicious content they are just text on a screen snuggles spam and this forum are coincidences and nothing else quit scaring people. Spam in your spam folder is harmless unless you open it if you are retired stay retired there is no good reason for all this just because you weren't notified means nothing there is no proof anyone contacted medman

I could give a about it really, just a warning and don't take everything for granted that is all. Like i said I hope all this is LEGIT and there is a new KING on the thrown and a whole new forum look. Yes I am retired and living very well thank you, it is called planning for retirement and having everything you want when you want it.

As for prove of contacting medman that I cannot devulge that information some of us are smarter than you might think. But here is something that might interest you and many others:
Lefty

http://scooterrebels.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=2183&page=1

Admin
01-25-2013, 04:16 PM
Hi Mike
Pleased to meet you
Thank you ever so much for all that you have done:clap::tup:
Take care and ride safely
Yours Hank

Hi Hank, nice to meet ya! :cheers:

Admin
01-25-2013, 04:17 PM
hey Mike , is this true your a newyorker ?

John

Yep, born and raised.

tvnacman
01-25-2013, 04:18 PM
gee I'm in Queens and yourself ?

John

Admin
01-25-2013, 04:22 PM
gee I'm in Queens and yourself ?

John

A Mets fan huh? Ugh. Oh well. :shrug:

I'm upstate a bit, originally from Rockland, now in Orange for the past 25 years. :cheers:

wutzthedeal
01-25-2013, 04:25 PM
Well for all those genius computer guys, I started my career as a PROGRAMMER writing software for mainframes and then pcs, as well as security software for both.
All you have to do is find the loophole in the software to get around anything. You can only do and think of so many ways that someone can get around it. Miss a few and it is found and there goes that part of the checks in the software. That is why all your current security software is always being updatee. They can only update once it is britched to plug the hole or holes.
I am retired now but I started back in 1969 programming, the going lanugage then was RPG, BAL and COBOL and Fortran, then the pcs hit then your Script,Basic,GUIs using C and C++. Gui programmers were a dime a dozen coming out of college and they still are. Many companies used to get VISAs for Chinese and India programmers and bring them over and house them like cattle working for peanuts. So with your 22 years you still have to lot to learn.
Lefty

I don't care what programming you learned starting in 1969. That has nothing to do with what people can do having only your e-mail address, and as a matter of fact, they CANNOT get access to your computer having only your e-mail address unless you execute malicious code through an attachment, which almost everybody is smart enough not to do. Having your e-mail address gives a hacker NO POWER over your computer. A lot to learn? I think you have a lot to learn about computing and security in 2013. Let's bring it into the 21st century, eh?

tvnacman
01-25-2013, 04:25 PM
I'm no sports fan , for a date I would go to shea . If I went with friends it would be Yankee stadium . I have not been to either ball field since before they were rebuilt .

Do you ride ?

John

wutzthedeal
01-25-2013, 04:28 PM
And yes I'm a hawk on people spreading false fear; just last night on Facebook I was sharing this friendly reminder: "If you see a post that you might want to re-post but you don't know if it's legit, all you have to do is highlight a couple sentences in the post, right click, and choose "Search Google for..." (for Chrome; similar for other browsers) and if it's a scam/incorrect, it'll pop up on hoaxslayer or snopes.com, typically. But, it's important to actually click on the result, because occasionally they are "true," or "partially true." Most of the ones I see that I bother to check on turn out to be false, especially ones that involve personal safety, government, or facebook policies. It's a quick, easy way to make sure you aren't furthering anger, fear, or panic for no reason. THIS post is one you should re-post! :)"

If you guys need further reason not to worry; here you go. My e-mail address is wutzthedeal@yahoo.com. Get into my computer. Have at it. :nuts:

Admin
01-25-2013, 04:30 PM
Ah ok, cool. Yea I'm a bigger football fan than baseball, but the Yanks are my team. :) Haven't been to the new house either yet.

I do ride, but right now I'm scooter-less. Looking to get another in the spring time/summer. Right now I have a few ATVs, a dirtbike, and a sled.

Nice to meet ya!

Lefty
01-25-2013, 04:45 PM

Sorry I do not give out my name and address to people I do not know. Shit for all I know someone will come and ring my doorbell and blow me away I am a Disabled Nam Vet and let me tell you bullets hurt:ugh:

You say it is not registered with Godaddy, do you want me to put up the Registration info from Godaddy? I am asking because it has personal stuff like your address email your registered it under etc.. Or maybe you want me to send it to you.

But anywhos I am done with this and I WANT TO THANK ALL YOU GOOD FOLKS that are thanking me for just trying to look out for the folks on here.

Lets hope I am still alive and well after this, IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN(HAHA).
Lefty

tvnacman
01-25-2013, 04:57 PM
Same here , I would imagine your power sports are Chinese make . I have a decent amount of parts on hand here in Queens . I work in Manhattan , keep it in mind . I don't know any places to get parts in the tri state area . If you know of parts local let me know .

John

Admin
01-25-2013, 05:00 PM
Sorry I do not give out my name and address to people I do not know. Shit for all I know someone will come and ring my doorbell and blow me away I am a Disabled Nam Vet and let me tell you bullets hurt:ugh:

You say it is not registered with Godaddy, do you want me to put up the Registration info from Godaddy? I am asking because it has personal stuff like your address email your registered it under etc.. Or maybe you want me to send it to you.

But anywhos I am done with this and I WANT TO THANK ALL YOU GOOD FOLKS that are thanking me for just trying to look out for the folks on here.

Lets hope I am still alive and well after this, IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN(HAHA).
Lefty

Oh, but you're sending other people all my info? I'd hate for someone to 'blow' me away too, you'd probably be responsible for that. Well, atleast it's documented now. :hehe:

I don't think you quite understand how the internet works.. like I said, the domain IS registered with GoDaddy, the forum is not. Just correcting your wording a bit. :cheers:

Admin
01-25-2013, 05:02 PM
Same here , I would imagine your power sports are Chinese make . I have a decent amount of parts on hand here in Queens . I work in Manhattan , keep it in mind . I don't know any places to get parts in the tri state area . If you know of parts local let me know .

John

Actually they're Japanese, but I'll definitely keep you in mind, thanks. I have a couple friends with chinese makes.

tvnacman
01-25-2013, 05:14 PM
Are you guys doing your own repairs ? If you get frustrated or stumped pick up the phone , that is why it is there .

John

Admin
01-25-2013, 05:24 PM
Yea I do all my own repairs for the most part.

Thanks, appreciate it! :tup:

Lefty
01-25-2013, 05:31 PM
Oh, but you're sending other people all my info? I'd hate for someone to 'blow' me away too, you'd probably be responsible for that. Well, atleast it's documented now. :hehe:

I don't think you quite understand how the internet works.. like I said, the domain IS registered with GoDaddy, the forum is not. Just correcting your wording a bit. :cheers:

The domain IS registered with GoDaddy the forum is not
WOW!! What a revelation that is:lmao:

NO BIG SECRECT just go to GoDaddy.com it is all there for the BILLIONS OF INTERNET NON SAVEY PEOPLE to see:lmao:. You might think your smart but remember there is always someone smarter and you and it will bite you in the butt.
Lefty

Guest_2
01-25-2013, 05:32 PM
ALL I want to say is good job Mike (Admin)

Admin
01-25-2013, 05:51 PM
Thanks! :tup:

Lefty, I really don't understand you. You must be smarter.

For the third time.. yes, the domain IS registered with GoDaddy.. no one ever claimed it wasn't and no one ever said it was a secret. lmao

I need a drink.

Lefty
01-25-2013, 05:58 PM
That is good that you do not understand me keeps you on your toes, gets the juices flowing in the brain and that is how new and wonderfull things happen. Lets forget about it and I will join you in that drink, DEAL?
Lefty

teddy554
01-25-2013, 06:12 PM
I am just happy we actually have someone running the forum fulltime now and not a part time person, medman did good but we needed a full time admin or mod

Guest_1
01-25-2013, 06:12 PM
Whatever, the dude doesn't have a spare 5 minutes in the last 48 hours, but has time for phone calls...

@winn yea medman (doug) is extremely busy, his in in the medical prof. 3/4 of his staff is off with the flu. i guess it was more important to take care of patients, then deal with a 'forum'

Whoa, Nelly. Having your e-mail address in no way gives hackers access to your computer. That is absolutely false. I've worked on computers and networks for 22 years and while I may know jack shid about scooters, I know computers.

Having your e-mail address will allow a so-inclined person to send you junk mail, or, to sign you up to receive a bunch of junk mail you don't want. This is why e-mail services have spam filters. On Yahoo! Mail, for example, you don't have to ever read spam. You just click "empty" on the spam folder or just set it up to automatically empty spam. Yes, some will still get through, but when you click on them as spam, the e-mail service's spam

@ ADMIN-EVERYONE--all i know is i got a ton of spam the 1st day.
its a LOT less today, but its still GUCCI BAGS , bicycles, dresses the kind of stuff, that was spaming the pro board site. still DO NOT believe it was coincidence , but i know less about computers than scooters. i know not to open spam, hell i dont even open mail from names i dont know, Mike-that is why i asked you to identify urself

and DAMIT i forgot to change color and font again.

Oh by the way anyone who cares--Lee was made a offer he couldnt turn it down, so he sold SD

teddy554
01-25-2013, 06:18 PM
Glad he did cause he sure wasnt doing nothing for it

Lefty
01-25-2013, 06:25 PM
Well if SD was sold then I APOLOGIZE TO ALL for causeing a RUCKUS.

MIKE I specially Apologize to you "PEACE".
Lefty

Guest_1
01-25-2013, 06:27 PM
i hope it wasnt taken as causing a ruckus
i hope it is taken for what it was

looking out for the members

thanks

millsc
01-25-2013, 06:31 PM
I like the new site much better now that im used to it provides more options :cheers:

Admin
01-25-2013, 06:52 PM
No worries Lefty :tup:

inuyasha
01-25-2013, 07:44 PM

Lefty
Hi Lefty
Thats quite all right make all the RUCKUS'S you want just make sure from now on that they are these>D:yay::clap:
http://powersports.honda.com/2013/ruckus.aspx
Take care and ride safely dear friend
Yours Hank

spandi
01-25-2013, 08:17 PM

LeftyThat's ok lefty, (at least you were looking out for your fellow Dawgs, so thanks.) What's the old saying? "Better to have ammunition and not need it, than to need ammunition and not have it.... and now with my paranoia in full bloom, I will drink "mass quantities" and proceed to watch Dr Strange love.

terrilee
01-25-2013, 09:10 PM
OK, What happened is this.

Lee has allowed another person to transfer all the content of this forum to the other place. When they did that the forum was converted to a read only forum and the link to the other place was posted.

As you might guess PB did not like that. They have disabled the Admin account and the forum is now back open for posting.

Admin
01-25-2013, 09:38 PM
First of all, no, the old forum will not be used anymore. Lee and I have an agreement, and I've dumped a lot of money into this venture to give you a better forum.

Everyone complained how the old forum was neglected, had tons of spam, etc, and I gave you all a new home. We are now on this forum, period.

medman1952
01-25-2013, 11:28 PM
I am late to the party, I didn't even now about the party until after I got to work this morning and got a call from JR.

Seems the story is true, Lee allowed the admin here to transfer all the Dawg stuff to this Dawg house.

Admin
01-25-2013, 11:32 PM
Glad you've made it Medman! :tup:

terrilee
01-26-2013, 09:54 AM
First of all, no, the old forum will not be used anymore. Lee and I have an agreement, and I've dumped a lot of money into this venture to give you a better forum.

Everyone complained how the old forum was neglected, had tons of spam, etc, and I gave you all a new home. We are now on this forum, period.
the real only bad thing about the original site
there was ONLY one mod
who has his own site, plus a professional job
he couldnt be everywhere at once
doug even explained that lee wouldnt authorize new mods
to get rid of spam and do other mod jobs

now not sure about mike, maybe this is his only job
maybe this is all he does and can stay on top of it at all times
maybe not

THE ONE THING ALL YOU PEOPLE WHO ENJOY HELPING OTHERS SHOULD REALIZE IS..
when u goggle scootdawg, you get the original site listed 1st, this one is way down the line. so noobs will go there 1st
so if you really care about helping noobs--you should also help there

scootnwinn
01-26-2013, 10:00 AM
Google will adjust quickly. If the folks on the other site really cared they would have left it the way it was a couple days ago. Hopefully Mike will name additional mods when he needs help.

Guest_2
01-26-2013, 10:01 AM
Glad to see you made it to the Party Medman!!!!!!

cheapeto
01-26-2013, 10:40 AM
I've been through so many forum changes since I taught myself how to use a computer in 99, so I'm a pilgram by most cyberian standards.....but this was the quickest change over I as a member ever went through.
The last site conversion (I was a member at) was down almost 2 weeks, lost all my pics, saved messages, PM's, karma points/bones.
Some have just blinked out and was gone, no notice, just gone.
I think you have done a great job folks!! Thank you.