PDA

View Full Version : Honda Jazz Aka Metropolitan

tkrocks3
01-24-2013, 10:00 PM
I have a Honda Jazz also known as the Metropolitan. I bought it not running it had sat in a guys garage for 3 or 5 years it is a 2006 with only 274 km's on it. It needed a battery and the carb cleaned and I had to drain the fuel tank got it running. Now it runs great but when you give it throttle and take your hand off the throttle it wants to keep going with a person on it!

So here is what I have done I took the variator off cleaned some of the belt dust and some dark brown stuff that looked like dirt and put it back together. It has helped alot it dose not want to keep going with a rider on it as much any more but you can still feel a light pull when you let go of the throttle.

How can I get rid of the light pull?

In away I think it is the bikes way of saying comon I want to go for a ride now I am awake!

scootnwinn
01-24-2013, 10:04 PM
It only does this when you sit on it? Is the throttle cable properly lubed and routed where is your idle set does the rear wheel spin when it's on the main stand? ? ? ?

tkrocks3
01-24-2013, 10:12 PM
The wheel dose not spin at all when on the stand expet when I give it throttle. As for the throttle cable it moves freely. That is why I went to the variator I assumed one of the rollers might get stuck with the weight of a person on it.

But the rear wheel dose move freely when you spin it by hand.

WarrenS
01-25-2013, 08:57 AM
It must be the throttle cable getting pulled when the engine moves as you sit on it.

tkrocks3
01-25-2013, 09:10 AM
I turned it slowly so I could feel if it was getting caught any where but I did not feel any kind of sticking. But I will look at it more closely just be sure.

tkrocks3
01-25-2013, 02:56 PM
I was looking at the throttle it seems to be fine it could also be the fact of it being cold and thats why it's acting up but I can't start it to be sure the heater died in my garage so it is the same temp as out side.

tkrocks3
01-27-2013, 04:59 PM
I found out the problem with my throttle I was told from sitting it probably has some corrosion in the throttle houseing witch will go away when I start rideing it everyday.

I just removed the restrictor plate today it runs so much better. I will be putting on a polini variator as soon as I get it on the road.

I have a new problem that I konw it will fail a safety for.

When I pull the brake lever the brake light stays on it is caused by the brake lever not going back far enough to touch the brake light switch.

I have tried adjusting the rear brake cable but it still dose it.

How can I fix this problem?

qwertydude
01-27-2013, 06:33 PM
If the brake cable isn't springing back far enough even after adjusting the nut on the back I'd say the brake cable needs lubing too.

scootnwinn
01-27-2013, 06:38 PM
You need a full tune and service or.rather finish the one you started. You need to check ecery nut and fastener and lube every that pivots or spins. I bet it could use a good wash and deep degreasng cleanse. Your scoot will love you for it

tkrocks3
01-27-2013, 10:12 PM
I lubed up both the front and rear brake cables.

I think that most of the problems I have will go away when I start riding it everyday.

But it could use a really good wash by hand and a light polishing by hand could not hurt.

It has a light covering of dust on the engine but when I can wash it in the spring all that dust will be gone.

I changed the gear oil today.

jmstar09
01-28-2013, 08:14 PM
Dont take chances with the throttle cable. Replace it! I tried lubing a sticky cable once and I ended up in the hospital cause it got stuck at WOT doing 35 MPH I had to dump the scooter because I was approaching a stop sign with cross traffic. The scooter had no kill switch. Torn knee ligament and road rash. Replace the cable!

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p48/dooley_09/Work%20Pics/IMAG0008-1.jpg
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p48/dooley_09/Work%20Pics/IMAG0003-5.jpg
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p48/dooley_09/Work%20Pics/IMAG0007-5.jpg

scootnwinn
01-28-2013, 09:43 PM
Don't take chances with anything on a scoot there is no margin for error there is reason for the kill switch no doubt too the rigorous seemingly excessive tune and service schedule.

SAFETY FIRST SCOOTDAWGS that looks like it hurt JMstar. Hope you healed well

tkrocks3
01-29-2013, 02:00 PM
I know what you mean every winter I buy a bike to fix and sell so if any problems come up on my bike I have money to fix it. Well I just got this bike it was a 1986 80 cc honda elite. I was doing 60km/h up and down the street I live on. No problem there is 2 alley ways at the top of the street one left one right I kept turning into the left alley way well the last time I turnd right but I did not know that the front rim was bent to the right. I fell doing 60 km/h and I skidded for about 30 - 40 feet with the bike on my right leg. I went to the hospital did not brake anything and I only had road rash on my right arm I did not even rip my pants I just could not walk that good for a couple days. and all I broke was the front farring but I found out the bike was dummped before.

I had to put the bike away fast as I wiped out a cop went by the top of the street and I had no plate or insurance on the bike but the cop never came back. I never road that bike again it just sat in the corner of the garage until I sold it a few weeks ago.

I also fixed my throttle problem it was the butterfly on the carb that was sticking I sparied carb cleaner on it and it is fine no pulling at all.