PDA

View Full Version : Some people...

lovemy2strokes
01-24-2013, 10:38 AM
I find it funny when someone asks what happens if*enter stupid question* and then when others give examples of why you should or shouldnt the OP suddenly becomes a genius and knows everything about the subject matter. I say if you cant except help dont even ask. Just dont tell people who are far more qualified in the subject that they are wrong and you know what youre talking about when you asked what if *stupid question*. If you knew so much why would you need to ask is what I wonder, maybe someone likes to see their own name online and think theyre cool.
If you are one of those people do some research on the question youre going to ask and not even involve others in the *stupidty* or better yet except the help of others if you do so ask for help.
Its just not really fair to spread misinformation just to have your name come up in a conversation because in the end you just seem like a big dummy. Otherwise you breed ignorance and then the population who believe your crap will thus become stupid as well.
Please stop the dumbing down of society.

Guest_1
01-24-2013, 10:42 AM
I find it funny when someone asks what happens if*enter stupid question* and then when others give examples of why you should or shouldnt the OP suddenly becomes a genius and knows everything about the subject matter. I say if you cant except help dont even ask. Just dont tell people who are far more qualified in the subject that they are wrong and you know what youre talking about when you asked what if *stupid question*. If you knew so much why would you need to ask is what I wonder, maybe someone likes to see their own name online and think theyre cool.
If you are one of those people do some research on the question youre going to ask and not even involve others in the *stupidty* or better yet except the help of others if you do so ask for help.
Its just not really fair to spread misinformation just to have your name come up in a conversation because in the end you just seem like a big dummy. Otherwise you breed ignorance and then the population who believe your crap will thus become stupid as well.
Please stop the dumbing down of society.

examples, please

scootnwinn
01-24-2013, 10:48 AM
I agree totally I know exactly what your talking about and there is one who is particularly good at those questions. Some people's children,right??

lovemy2strokes
01-24-2013, 11:11 AM
My complaint isnt against either of you two for sure.

inuyasha
01-24-2013, 11:14 AM
examples, please
Hi
Imho thats not nessesary
We have a chance to make a new brand start why sully it by bringing up the past
Its better left forgotten
Take care and ride safely dear friend
Yours Hank

Guest_1
01-24-2013, 11:16 AM
i realize, i dont offer a whole lot of tech answers, but i try, and when i do, i always try to 'member to say, 'check with the real mechs 1st, but this could be the answer' or something like that

scootnwinn
01-24-2013, 11:18 AM
He is talking about someone special starting threads not answering them and not you snuggles just breath change is good...

Guest_1
01-24-2013, 11:31 AM
He is talking about someone special starting threads not answering them and not you snuggles just breath change is good...

change is not always good

carasdad
01-24-2013, 11:33 AM
Uh oh.... Oh my..it must be me...

spandi
01-24-2013, 11:36 AM
change is not always goodIs this what all those bumper stickers meant?

moat
01-24-2013, 03:20 PM
I very much agree with the OP's sentiments. All too often, some people post authoritatively with "advice" that - upon scrutiny - turns out to be completely, utterly wrong... sometimes even dangerous. As if they enjoy seeing their thoughts/opinions out here, in public, or something. Or are just looking to entertain themselves by stirring some pot (trolling).

Such posts completely undermine the integrity and value of the information that forums like this can be so useful in providing.

My advice - if you aren't 100% sure about the info or advice you are about to post, then... DON'T POST IT (i.e. STFU)! You're screwin' it up for everybody, if you do. Please.

bandito2
01-24-2013, 04:21 PM
I very much agree with the OP's sentiments. All too often, some people post authoritatively with "advice" that - upon scrutiny - turns out to be completely, utterly wrong... sometimes even dangerous. As if they enjoy seeing their thoughts/opinions out here, in public, or something. Or are just looking to entertain themselves by stirring some pot (trolling).

Such posts completely undermine the integrity and value of the information that forums like this can be so useful in providing.

My advice - if you aren't 100% sure about the info or advice you are about to post, then... DON'T POST IT (i.e. STFU)! You're screwin' it up for everybody, if you do. Please.

OOPS!! I might be a little guilty of some of that right out of the box.
(see tire tread life thread)

BUT!, I do know that of which I speak.

Kind of an odd way to test the water temperature so to speak, but hey, that's just me.

h3nry
01-24-2013, 06:06 PM
the temperature of the water here is cold and falling from the sky...

anyways, if all of us were not 100% sure of something and didnt say it just because it MIGHT cause an issue then there would be no progress.... noone would give you an idea or help you come up with ideas of what a problem could be..
sorry but that IS where the wealth of knowledge we have here comes from... giving our POSSIBLE ideas of what it could be and people that asked the question testing the THEORY

tvnacman
01-24-2013, 06:11 PM
did you guys want an example " is water wet" ?

is that what you ment ?

John

bandito2
01-24-2013, 06:43 PM
did you guys want an example " is water wet" ?

is that what you ment ?

John

No, I meant testing the waters as in how will people here respond to the subject of car tires being used on the rear of scooters. (something I have been doing for quite a while; and the tire tread life subject I was referencing in posting #12 in this thread) And so far, it seems fine; not too hot, not too cold, but just right.

I like it here already. Though I did notice some get pretty worked up about the changes here. But all seems well (or at least better for the moment) after some things were explained and they are becoming more familiar and acclimated to the changed format. I'm new in this forum, but already familiar with the format as it is the same format as in another forum I frequent.

I will concede though that not all change is good.
I just try to make the best of the change I get. >D

moat
01-24-2013, 10:46 PM
anyways, if all of us were not 100% sure of something and didnt say it just because it MIGHT cause an issue then there would be no progress.... noone would give you an idea or help you come up with ideas of what a problem could be..
sorry but that IS where the wealth of knowledge we have here comes from... giving our POSSIBLE ideas of what it could be and people that asked the question testing the THEORY

I know what you mean, but all too often I see threads in which a great deal of advice is from relatively mechanically inexperienced folks, which often only serves to further confuse, complicate and frustrate the poor, inexperienced dawg who's here looking for direction in the first place. The "blind leading the blind", so to speak.

Not all of the time, of course... but often enough that I tend to get frustrated in not having the time or energy (or specific experience with scooters, frankly) to post what beneficial advice I might have to help prevent the long, drawn-out trainwrecks that sometimes ensue.

I mean - it's a lot of fun to throw guesses out there while shootin' the bull around the forum campfire and all - but let's not forget that the noob who's here asking questions is likely taking the advice quite a bit more seriously than those of us who are giving it. Just a bit more caution would be a good thing, I suppose.

p.s. I like the new forum format - fast & slick. Good move, Admin!