PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to the NEW ScootDawg Forums! -Please Read-

Admin
01-24-2013, 02:44 AM
Welcome to the NEW ScootDawg forums!

Hey everyone, my name is Mike and I've teamed up with Lee to help out with the forum. It's no secret that we were having a lot of problems with the old forum, the biggest one being spam. It was out of control. We were also very limited in what we could do, and had to abide by others' rules & regs. The possibility of losing precious forum data generated over the years by all of you great members was always a concern too. The previous forum host was known to have hardware failures resulting in this. So for a lot of reasons, our best option was to leave the old forum and migrate to this new one.

Some of you may be familiar with this brand of forum software (vBulletin). It's probably the most widely-used forum software on the 'net. It's professional-grade, and gives us a lot more features, better performance, and most of all, lets US be in total control. It's a lot more secure, too, and will help to cut down on spam greatly, if not completely. If you're not used to it, please just give it some time. As with ANY change, it can take a little time to get familiar with when you're used to something else. But, I guarantee you that you'll learn to love it and see all the benefits of it in no time at all. It works pretty much in the same way as the old forum did, but should be even easier to use even with the addition of more features. Again, please just give it some time if it seems at all overwhelming in the begining.

As for the features, you can see that we now have Photo Albums for all members. Simply upload your favorite pics to it from your User CP. They will also be shown randomly with all others at the top of the forum index page, which is pretty neat. We now also have the 'iTrader' feedback system, which is useful for those of you that buy & sell on here through the Flea Market forum. Another great improvement is a better PM system, where you will be emailed everytime you get a private message on the forum. You can also download and save your PMs if you choose. And one of the best things about this forum, is that the search feature is MUCH better. There's a lot more, but you'll find all that out on your own I'm sure. :)

Like I said, this was a huge undertaking, and there's some things that couldn't be avoided. We lost about a day's worth of posts (please feel free to re-post any threads or posts that were lost), and a couple new members may have to re-register. But overall, it turned out very well.

Logging In
Existing members (if you registered on the old forum before Jan 23 2013), you'll have to request a new password in order to be able to login. To do so, simply try to login, and when it doesn't work, click the "forgot password" link. A new password will be emailed to you (make sure it's the same email address you originally registered with). If you don't see it in your inbox, be sure to check your spam/junk folder. If you registered ON Jan 23, 2013, your account might not have carried over to the new forum. I apologize for this, but it was simply unavoidable. If this is the case, please feel free to re-register. If you have any problems at all, please email us at mail@scootdawg.net and we'll get it all worked out for you.

Usernames
The old forum was a little different in that you could have a 'login name' and a 'display name'. The new forum uses only one for both. Now, the new forum will recognize your LOGIN name instead of your display name (if they were different from eachother), so if you want your display name to be used instead, send me a private message here on the forum with your display name noted, and I'll eventually get it fixed for you.

Avatars could not be carried over either, so if you want to use your original avatar from the old forum, please visit the old forum (if you don't already have your avatar saved on your machine) and save your avatar (right-click on it, save) so you can then upload and use it here on the new forum.

Signature Images
Same instructions as above for "Avatars".

Private Messages
Any stored private messages that you had on the old forum will not be carried over as well, so if there's anything important that you need or want, visit the old forum and retrieve them.

Options
Please make sure you have your 'enhanced editor chosen'. To do so: User CP >> Edit Options >> Miscellaneous Options >> Enhanced Editor

I think that about covers it for now. Obviously we still have some kinks to work out and details to finish in the coming days, so please just bear with us for a bit. If you have any problems at all though, feel free to post them in this thread.

Thanks everyone, and enjoy! :tup:

larrball
01-24-2013, 06:07 AM
Good choice on implementing Vb forms.
Much better.. IMHO.

danno711
01-24-2013, 06:29 AM
I appreciate all your time and effort it takes to do all this. It's an act of selflessness which I applaud.

teddy554
01-24-2013, 06:49 AM
Much better, Thanks. Also for people that don't like to load signatures and pictures you can choice not to display them on the user cp page under edit option

Guest_1
01-24-2013, 08:56 AM
nothing like giving people advance notice HUH?
Stupid a&&'s

this is the most screwed up site i have ever been on.

and wow gee just delete all of a persons bookmarks and PMs
so how do i go get everyones PM they sent me again.
whata bunch of crock

and wow a rate a person option so if a bunch of 'clicks' dont like you they can
rate you, who made this option, someone scared of being liked, or scared of NOT being liked

cheapeto
01-24-2013, 09:16 AM
Excellent job Mike!!
One of the reasons I've always kept my membership here, was all the tech artical archives.
What a fine improvement!!
Best wishes and Thanks to all involved!!

flyangler
01-24-2013, 09:27 AM
Where am I? lol

Guest_2
01-24-2013, 09:33 AM
What a surprise I had when I went to the forum. Well I made it.

Only problem I have had is getting a pic to load in my signature block. Also noticed there is not a way to bookmark a post like on the old site. At least I haven't found it yet.

spandi
01-24-2013, 10:01 AM
Had difficulty getting on here, and to be honest the layout is confusing. (I't's going to need some tweaking)

Guest_1
01-24-2013, 10:05 AM
worse site design i have ever seen

spandi
01-24-2013, 10:08 AM
Well I guess danno will be happy to find his posting back.

inuyasha
01-24-2013, 10:18 AM
Hi
I like it
Take care and ride safely dear friends
Yours Hank

spandi
01-24-2013, 10:21 AM
nothing like giving people advance notice HUH?
Stupid a&&'s

this is the most screwed up site i have ever been on.

and wow gee just delete all of a persons bookmarks and PMs
so how do i go get everyones PM they sent me again.
whata bunch of crock

and wow a rate a person option so if a bunch of 'clicks' dont like you they can
rate you, who made this option, someone scared of being liked, or scared of NOT being likedDo you mean the Rate-a-thread option?

spandi
01-24-2013, 10:27 AM
Ok I get it now. on another site I posted on they had the same rating system but had to give it up due to retaliatory misuse. I would strongly recommend discontinuing it here.

carasdad
01-24-2013, 10:34 AM
I like the new look...easy to use. But what I don't like is the 'Rate-a-thread option' Enough on here do not like me already...does this give them Carte Blanche to dislike enough posts to get a person banned or deleted??. :(

millsc
01-24-2013, 10:35 AM
gonna take some time to get use to

Guest_1
01-24-2013, 10:36 AM
yep and thats gonna happen here.
'clicks' are gonna get rid of people.
and if you, like me, wanna use different fonts and colors
ya gotta set 'em everytime.

again WORSE SITE DESIGN EVER!!!!!

>:(>:(

and again, all bookmarks are gone, all Pm's with people address that were sent to me GONE, again crap

millsc
01-24-2013, 10:45 AM
its kind of complex for now i'll give it a chance

Guest_2
01-24-2013, 10:49 AM
yep and thats gonna happen here.
'clicks' are gonna get rid of people.
and if you, like me, wanna use different fonts and colors
ya gotta set 'em everytime.

again WORSE SITE DESIGN EVER!!!!!

>:(>:(

and again, all bookmarks are gone, all Pm's with people address that were sent to me GONE, again crap

You can go back to the old forum and still retreive all your PM's and bookmarks to get any info you need. The old forum is read only so you just can't post there anymore.

scooterparts3
01-24-2013, 10:56 AM
Interesting! How the heck do i change my username? Like on the old forum the name i registered with was scooterparts3 but you can add i guess a nickname which i had set as Scooter Elements and i cant find it here.

scootnwinn
01-24-2013, 10:57 AM
No problems here this is very similar to a Datsun forum I'm on. It will be way better once we get used to it. I like the feedback option personally. Helps people who are new get a feel for who can be trusted.

inuyasha
01-24-2013, 11:02 AM
No problems here this is very similar to a Datsun forum I'm on. It will be way better once we get used to it. I like the feedback option personally. Helps people who are new get a feel for who can be trusted.
Hi
How did you add the photo to your sig i tried to add april the old way and its not working
Take care and ride safely dear friend
Yours Hank

Guest_1
01-24-2013, 11:05 AM
really?? , u think that will help a new person?
now i am NOT saying you and your buddies, BUT, say u guys decide you don't like , say , ME, so you all conspire to rate me as bad. is that fair or is that "click' mentality?
also another bad thing
like now im trying to 'member what your post says, it not on this page, & unless im quoting you, i cant see it

millsc
01-24-2013, 11:07 AM
it doesn't seem bad im settling in

teddy554
01-24-2013, 11:08 AM
once again i like it, it will take some people time to get used to but that the case with anything some people dont like change. Love the photo album option, now i can check other people rides out.

teddy554
01-24-2013, 11:09 AM
scootnwinn you have everyone jealous over that signature picture, you need to spill the beans..lol

inuyasha
01-24-2013, 11:11 AM
it doesn't seem bad im settling in
Hi
I agree ,change is always hard at first, but in the long run things will be much better imho
And im very familier with this setup as most of the other forums im a member of use this same software
Yours Hank

spandi
01-24-2013, 11:15 AM
I think the graphics are too "noisy' compared to the old site and need to be simplified and toned down a bit.

spandi
01-24-2013, 11:17 AM
scootnwinn you have everyone jealous over that signature picture, you need to spill the beans..lolAll ya gotta' do is live in New Mexico.

inuyasha
01-24-2013, 11:20 AM
All ya gotta' do is live in New Mexico.
Hi
Its not the content of the photo we are all jealous of its how he managed to add the photo in the first place
We myself included cant seem to figure out the procedure to add are own photos as we did on the old site
Yours Hank

Guest_1
01-24-2013, 11:30 AM
You can go back to the old forum and still retreive all your PM's and bookmarks to get any info you need. The old forum is read only so you just can't post there anymore.

Jim

thanks, does anyone know how long they will stay there? do i have to go copy it all now or what?

Guest_1
01-24-2013, 11:43 AM
another thing i cant find
"REPORT TO MOD" button

anyone find it yet?

teddy554
01-24-2013, 12:03 PM
yeah its the yellow circle with the black! under the person info

scootnwinn
01-24-2013, 12:05 PM
Adding the pic was easy got to edit signature and paste the url link or upload a pic also report to mod button is under you avatar

spandi
01-24-2013, 12:07 PM
I'm sorry (and I know you guys are trying.) but there are aspects of this new site that need to go "back-to-the-drawing-board"

Guest_1
01-24-2013, 12:08 PM
yeah its the yellow circle with the black! under the person info

Adding the pic was easy got to edit signature and paste the url link or upload a pic also report to mod button is under you avatar
thanks,

Guest_1
01-24-2013, 12:10 PM
Interesting! How the heck do i change my username? Like on the scootdawg.proboards the name i registered with was scooterparts3 but you can add i guess a nickname which i had set as Scooter Elements and i cant find it here.

walt, nope havent found that yet

50cc
01-24-2013, 12:15 PM
MUCH BETTER, GUYS! Now we're not forced to use PBs' PAID mobile app to browse the forums on our devices. right? Which FREE forum app supports vBulletin?

jrryan56
01-24-2013, 12:35 PM
Not bad at all.

Guest_2
01-24-2013, 12:36 PM

I must be having a senior moment!!!!!! Edit signature, pic uploaded, saved, but still wont show up.

teddy554
01-24-2013, 12:37 PM
49ccscoot has a new setup still pb but different layout

loncindawg
01-24-2013, 12:40 PM
Leery about losing all of my valuable bookmarks. Looks like I have lots of work ahead of me.

Guest_1
01-24-2013, 12:42 PM
Leery about losing all of my valuable bookmarks. Look like I have lots of work ahead of me.
i sent a e mail to the mods
asking if we have a certain period to get them all, before they delete the site, and we lose it all. havent gotten answer yet

jrryan56
01-24-2013, 12:43 PM
Different for sure

Admin
01-24-2013, 12:57 PM
Thanks to everyone who appreciates the work! And I'm glad to see most of you like it. Like I said, it's the whole 'change' thing.. no matter how positive or needed, it will always 'scare' some people at first. I'm positive after a month or so, you'll absolutely love it and not understand how you ever used the old one. lol Please just give it a month or so before totally panicking. :D

I see some confusion and/or misinformation, I'll get to all of it eventually. Please read the first post in this thread, a lot of the questions being asked have already been answered in there.

Thanks again guys! :)

spandi
01-24-2013, 01:08 PM
Different for sureHey you're back! (it's been awhile) Glad to see you again.

scootnwinn
01-24-2013, 01:09 PM
I must be having a senior moment!!!!!! Edit signature, pic uploaded, saved, but still wont show up.

You have to click insert pic next to it after you can see it...

teddy554
01-24-2013, 01:09 PM

yeah same here i tired every way possible

scootnwinn
01-24-2013, 01:14 PM
see above

jrryan56
01-24-2013, 01:33 PM
Thanks Spandi

http://i499.photobucket.com/albums/rr359/jrryan2008/Photo-0150.jpg

inuyasha
01-24-2013, 01:35 PM
Hi
How did you add the photo to your sig i tried to add april the old way and its not working
Yours Hank
Hi
OoRah
I finally figured it out and "April" Is now posted to my sig:clap::yay:
Take care and ride safely
Yours Hank

loncindawg
01-24-2013, 01:49 PM
At least I'm a senior member now. Does that mean I can give mechanical advice?

scooterparts3
01-24-2013, 02:06 PM
another thing i cant find
"REPORT TO MOD" button

anyone find it yet?

Yes at the left bottom side there is a yellow !

50cc
01-24-2013, 02:13 PM
Once again - GREAT JOB, GUYS! Please tell me is this forum supported in Tapatalk?

loncindawg
01-24-2013, 02:14 PM
A store here would be nice. CafePress I think it's called. I like the new dawg.

Admin
01-24-2013, 02:22 PM
Once again - GREAT JOB, GUYS! Please tell me is this forum supported in Tapatalk?

Yes it is! Let me know if you have any problems using/finding it. It should work though.

Guest_2
01-24-2013, 02:32 PM
You have to click insert pic next to it after you can see it...

Had to change my editor Interface to Standard Editor to see the insert.

Thanks

Admin
01-24-2013, 02:38 PM
Make sure you have "Enhanced Editor" selected:

User CP >> Edit Options >> Miscellaneous Options >> Enhanced Editor

Lefty
01-24-2013, 02:48 PM
Hi all,
Here I is
Lefty

scootnwinn
01-24-2013, 02:57 PM
Yes you is welcome

beachbum
01-24-2013, 03:16 PM
Interesting! How the heck do i change my username? Like on the old forum the name i registered with was scooterparts3 but you can add i guess a nickname which i had set as Scooter Elements and i cant find it here.

You have to pm the mods and tell them your sign in name and then tell them the display name you want.

jeepsteve92xj
01-24-2013, 03:20 PM
Nice upgrade. Now this will behave like 99.9% of all other forums I follow or read.
Thread Tools at the top is where you SUBSCRIBE to a thread, usually the options are instant, daily or weekly emails. Whichever you choose, that is how you save a thread for your interests. Easy peasy once you've done it.

I do wonder if the old forum will be migrated in. There is a lot of information over there.

I dont know if TAGS is an available option, but sometimes the search doodad sucks when it cant use short words such as OIL. If there was a thread about oil, and someone else was able to add a tag of LUBRICATION, I believe that would be useful.

Admin
01-24-2013, 03:23 PM
Nice upgrade. Now this will behave like 99.9% of all other forums I follow or read.
Thread Tools at the top is where you SUBSCRIBE to a thread, usually the options are instant, daily or weekly emails. Whichever you choose, that is how you save a thread for your interests. Easy peasy once you've done it.

I do wonder if the old forum will be migrated in. There is a lot of information over there.

I dont know if TAGS is an available option, but sometimes the search doodad sucks when it cant use short words such as OIL. If there was a thread about oil, and someone else was able to add a tag of LUBRICATION, I believe that would be useful.

All the info was migrated over. And yes, tags are used.

Glad to see a few of you understand the significance on vBulletin. :D It really is light years ahead of the old forum.

inuyasha
01-24-2013, 03:33 PM
Hi all,
Here I is
Lefty
Hi
Welcome back, the place just wasnt the same without you
Hope to see you here more often as i missed you dearly
Yours Hank

scootercapecod
01-24-2013, 03:43 PM
Glad to see a proactive approach to get rid of the spammers. At least I won't be reading about someone's dirty laundry or spousal issues.

Lefty
01-24-2013, 03:43 PM
My sig still does not come up, I see it and click insert picture but nothing
Lefty

Admin
01-24-2013, 03:46 PM
My sig still does not come up, I see it and click insert picture but nothing
Lefty

Works here.

Were you a previous member?

wutzthedeal
01-24-2013, 03:50 PM
I like the reasons you did it. Haven't used it enough to decide if I'll like it for it's interface. People hate change; give it a chance, folks. I do need to get my fuelly icon/link back in sig cuz I'm awful proud of my 93mpg!

Lefty
01-24-2013, 03:57 PM
Ok my sig finally came up But now how to add some verbage, I got into the editor and typed some stuff but zip.
Lefty

Lefty
01-24-2013, 03:59 PM
AH, I see what is happening it takes a while for things to appear NEVERMIND troops.
Lefty

spandi
01-24-2013, 04:09 PM
Hi all,
Here I is
LeftyOh my, first jr and now lefty?...... gosh this is like old home week here. (glad to see the "old timers" back!)

spandi
01-24-2013, 04:30 PM
Thanks Spandi

http://i499.photobucket.com/albums/rr359/jrryan2008/Photo-0150.jpgYou're most welcome jr ....is that petit jean park?

spandi
01-24-2013, 04:37 PM
I like the new look...easy to use. But what I don't like is the 'Rate-a-thread option' Enough on here do not like me already...does this give them Carte Blanche to dislike enough posts to get a person banned or deleted??. :(Naah, a guy with a flying v can't be all bad.

Guest_3
01-24-2013, 05:13 PM
Very nice !!

scootnwinn
01-24-2013, 05:14 PM
Naah, a guy with a flying v can't be all bad.

No doubt too bad he doesn't have the HAIR to go with it :hehe:

Sorry

loncindawg
01-24-2013, 07:42 PM
The new dawg's wicked. I want decals. Hoodies (100% cotton). Hats. Mugs.

wutzthedeal
01-24-2013, 07:56 PM
The new dawg's wicked. I want decals. Hoodies (100% cotton). Hats. Mugs.

Yup yup, let's get this stuff up for sale, eh?

jrryan
01-24-2013, 08:00 PM
You're most welcome jr ....is that petit jean park?

Yes Spandi that is the top of Petit Jean Mountain overlooking the Arkansas River. Live right at the bottom of the mountain and get to see things like this:

http://i499.photobucket.com/albums/rr359/jrryan2008/Photo-0148.jpg

We had a white Christmas and the old mountain was for sure pretty in white.

http://i499.photobucket.com/albums/rr359/jrryan2008/DSC_0337.jpg

Guest_1
01-24-2013, 08:16 PM
nice pics :yay:

Lefty
01-24-2013, 08:38 PM
I must be slow but I cannot for the life of me figure where to open a problem.

So the question is :
Where are the threads for people to open different problems? I do not see any 50cc 4 strokes 50cc 2 strokes 150cc 250cc 300cc trikes etc.. or is this a free for all and just a chat room..lol
Lefty

loncindawg
01-24-2013, 08:44 PM
Beautiful neighborhood there, Professor.

loganhes
01-24-2013, 08:47 PM
Wow!! I'm away for a few days and look what happens. It certainly is different. I like some things but others I am not sure about yet. I don't always think more options automatically makes it better...perhaps just more complicated. I am however willing to give it a try.

-Jim

Admin
01-24-2013, 08:47 PM

So the question is :
Where are the threads for people to open different problems? I do not see any 50cc 4 strokes 50cc 2 strokes 150cc 250cc 300cc trikes etc.. or is this a free for all and just a chat room..lol
Lefty

All the different forums are listed on the main index page, just like it's always been.

Admin
01-24-2013, 08:49 PM
Wow!! I'm away for a few days and look what happens. It certainly is different. I like some things but others I am not sure about yet. I don't always think more options automatically makes it better...perhaps just more complicated. I am however willing to give it a try.

-Jim

It's actually a lot easier to use, even with more features. It's still the same basic operation.

teddy554
01-24-2013, 09:13 PM

So the question is :
Lefty

Lefty
over user cp click on scootdawg forums

mflorek
01-24-2013, 11:07 PM
Challenge question WHAT GOES INSIDE TIRES?
I'm thinking like the Border Patrol . . . . . COCA

dude
01-24-2013, 11:17 PM
I gave up on that one myself, like where your going Mike. lol

onewheeldrive
01-25-2013, 07:06 AM
I like the new forum! VBulletin destroys proboards. Thankfully we finally have a scooter forum in this format.

Guest_1
01-25-2013, 11:25 AM
how does a person 'bookmark' a thread?

spandi
01-25-2013, 11:28 AM
Yes Spandi that is the top of Petit Jean Mountain overlooking the Arkansas River. Live right at the bottom of the mountain and get to see things like this:

http://i499.photobucket.com/albums/rr359/jrryan2008/Photo-0148.jpg

We had a white Christmas and the old mountain was for sure pretty in white.

http://i499.photobucket.com/albums/rr359/jrryan2008/DSC_0337.jpgMighty nice jr, bet it stays pretty warm in winter too?

jarlaxle
01-26-2013, 12:37 PM
No doubt too bad he doesn't have the HAIR to go with it :hehe:

Sorry

I resemble that remark! :(

jarlaxle
01-26-2013, 12:39 PM

Tubes?
Dynabeads?
Balancing powder?

A golf ball to drive your buddy nuts? :tup:

scootnwinn
01-26-2013, 12:48 PM
I think many of us do... Good to see you made it in

chaser48
10-14-2014, 06:47 AM
Iam new here and do not have a problem with the site,it is like many other that I use

bhinch
11-28-2014, 10:02 AM
Great site...joined in 2008...Love it...

Irish
12-20-2014, 04:14 PM
Thanks! I found this site while looking for information on my new Road Warrior. Irish

rankontop
09-07-2020, 10:42 AM
i found this site from going on the pro boards site. i seen it was abandoned. having done hosting and installing forums for peeps in the past im like where did everyone go? i tried to register only to be told ya cant.. im like this is a hell of a good database for us scooter users and its just dead. was sad to see. Glad you migrated you database over to this forum. was wondering why there is no utilization of you tube and other SM accounts pointing back to here. i found a scootdawg on youtube but nothing scooter related.. ..sorry guys im a web techie and this year i started getting into scoots..
Well i'll poke around and see if i can find info on my hyosung sf50 and piaggio lt50.

Smoothavenue
03-25-2023, 09:26 PM
This is my second and final post....too many rules for an old dog like me. This is just not a good fit. See ya

Admin
03-26-2023, 02:31 AM
This is my second and final post....too many rules for an old dog like me. This is just not a good fit. See ya

lol What rules specifically? I don't think we have any more 'rules' than any other forum.